COURSE AUX STAGES 2022

law.can

ChickenDinner2022
1 hour ago, dangerwillrobinson said:

Paraphrasing but was essentially told I made the wrong decision and something about them being my opposing counsel. Idk it was very uncomfortable and unnecessarily salty.

I tried my best to be polite but wow did that confirm I made the right choice I think  

I had a similar experience; wasn't exactly told I made the wrong decision, but they had some salty comments. It happened with a firm I was closer to though, the rest were very cordial. But it does leave a bad taste in my mouth as well and it makes me wonder whether this will impact my future practice. 

Edited by ChickenDinner2022

dangerwillrobinson
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, ChickenDinner2022 said:

I had a similar experience; wasn't exactly told I made the wrong decision, but they had some salty comments. It happened with a firm I was closer to though, the rest were very cordial. But it does leave a bad taste in my mouth as well and it makes me wonder whether this will impact my future practice. 

Yep it was also a firm that I had gotten quite close with.  Just seems weird to me that there are 10+ firms looking for (basically) the same type of candidate and yet they are still surprised when some candidates inevitably tell them “no” for another firm. I was seeing the same faces at most of the final events so it’s so obvious this will happen. 

tbh the way Course is set up sucks for students and firms alike.  

Edited by dangerwillrobinson
  • Like 2

lewis spector
  • Law Student
On 3/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, judge judy said:

ceux qui ont eu un stage - votre meilleur conseil , ce qui selon vous vous a le plus aidé à vous distinguer ? 🙂

Quant à l’obtention d’une 1ère entrevue, trouve la meilleure façon de te démarquer/distinguer des autres, que ce soit à travers ta lettre de présentation ou ton CV. Pour ma part, c’était au niveau de ma lettre de présentation. J’ai imaginé la lettre “typique” et j’ai tenté de la rédiger sous une différente forme tout en s’éloignant le plus possible de cette lettre “typique” et redondante que les recruteurs reçoivent chaque année. 

Quant aux entrevues, reste toi même et évite d’être un “robot” qui a tout appris par coeur. Ils cherchent des candidats(es) avec qui ils passeront des 40-60h/semaine et donc assure toi d’être drôle et souriant(e).  

En gros, il y a des centaines de candidats(es) chaque course qui sont tous aussi compétents (bonnes notes, expériences, etc.). Ils/elles auront tous une candidature “parfaite” et donc tout se joue au niveau de ta capacité de te distinguer dans les différents aspects de la course. Je me suis mis dans la peau d’un recruteur en  m’imaginant la lettre/cv qui me ferais retenir une candidature et en discuter avec mes collègues. 

Bonne chance 🙂

Edited by lewis spector
  • Like 1

Droit690
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, dangerwillrobinson said:

Yep it was also a firm that I had gotten quite close with.  Just seems weird to me that there are 10+ firms looking for (basically) the same type of candidate and yet they are still surprised when some candidates inevitably tell them “no” for another firm. I was seeing the same faces at most of the final events so it’s so obvious this will happen. 

tbh the way Course is set up sucks for students and firms alike.  

Same thing here! Most of the firms were really good with it, but one firm was more intense, making salty comments about the firm I choose… Only confirmed my choice too.

• Hugs 1

survivor8763

Wow. I'm very curious about which firms had such a negative response. Given that this is an anonymous forum, is there anyone interested in dropping names...? 

Bad behavior deserves exposure imo.

• Like 1

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic