Chances ? CGPA: 3.82 L2: 3.89 B3: 3.85 LSAT 156

SeekerInfo123

SeekerInfo123

Hi! 

Looking to see what people think my chances are are the following schools: Ottawa, Osgood, Queens, Ryerson (Ryerson B2: 3.92), Dal, UofC and UofA (UofA L2: 3.9x? self-calculated).  Not retaking LSAT. Wasn't sure if my pretty consistent 3.8x grades could make up for the lower lsat? 

6 years legal working experience (part-time/full-time). Decent ECs, PS and references. 

Applied general

Thanks for any insights! 

Edited by SeekerInfo123

Electricity
  • Law Student

Your best odds are at Ryerson and Ottawa, where the LSAT isn't weighed very heavily. Ryerson doesn't have a strong sample size yet so it's hard to predict how that'll work out for you. Based on acceptance threads from previous years, I think you'll likely get into Ottawa. You might scrape into one of the other schools near the end of the cycle, but I definitely wouldn't bank on it. 

I wouldn't be too discouraged if you don't make it in anywhere this year. You've got terrific marks, and if you decide to reapply next cycle and retake the LSAT, even scoring a bit higher in the 150s will make a big difference for you. Good luck. 

50 minutes ago, SeekerInfo123 said:

Osgood,

I think your chances here were low to begin with, but if you made this mistake on your PS they're probably 0. 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Very likely in at Ottawa. Also good shots at UofC with your WE. 50/50 chance at Queens (could be lower tho). You can gauge your chances at UofA by calculating your index score with the formula in this link. The same holds for Dal. I don't know much about Ryerson.

You mentioned your ECs and PS are good, therefore I suspect Osgoode is not out of the ballpark yet. According to last cycle's data, a few applicants got in with a 15mid LSAT. They might have stellar softs so just don't bank on these exceptions. Did you write Part C? There's no access category for Oz but filling out the optional essay may add to your chances. 

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 1

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit

i got into ryerson pretty early this year with a 3.95 L2 and a 157! I have less work experience than you but my softs are definitely good so i'm almost completely sure you’ll be fine for Ryerson. 

• Like 1

SeekerInfo123
11 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

Very likely in at Ottawa. Also good shots at UofC with your WE. 50/50 chance at Queens (could be lower tho). You can gauge your chances at UofA by calculating your index score with the formula in this link. The same holds for Dal. I don't know much about Ryerson.

You mentioned your ECs and PS are good, therefore I suspect Osgoode is not out of the ballpark yet. According to last cycle's data, a few applicants got in with a 15mid LSAT. They might have stellar softs so just don't bank on these exceptions. Did you write Part C? There's no access category for Oz but filling out the optional essay may add to your chances. 

Thanks for much for your input. Really appreciate it.

For the UofA index - I read through and calculated my index but wasn't really sure what it meant by 'auto admissions'. Is this the base of applicants in order to be accepted into UofA or is this something that is the general range of accepted applicants? If you have any more details that would be great! 

5 hours ago, brokenegg said:

i got into ryerson pretty early this year with a 3.95 L2 and a 157! I have less work experience than you but my softs are definitely good so i'm almost completely sure you’ll be fine for Ryerson. 

Congrats on getting into Ryerson! Thats a great L2 you have there. 

Appreciate your input. Crossing my fingers here!

Edited by SeekerInfo123
  • Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
41 minutes ago, SeekerInfo123 said:

For the UofA index - I read through and calculated my index but wasn't really sure what it meant by 'auto admissions'. Is this the base of applicants in order to be accepted into UofA or is this something that is the general range of accepted applicants? If you have any more details that would be great! 

Very little is known about UofA's auto admissions, but I guess it's akin to the system at UBC. In this UBC's post, for clarification, it was stated the index score is estimated by applicants in past cycle and the admissions was never open about it. In general, if your gpa/lsat combo is beyond the threshold, you're considered 'highly likely' accepted unless something is tellingly wrong with the app. Your admissibility is not diminished if you score below it though. Instead, the merits of the rest of your app (PS, ECs, etc.) will be more important in the evaluation. At least this is true for borderline applicants. There's probably a 'non-admissible' mark derived from truly abysmal stats (like way below both 25th percentiles). 

Another (and arguably better) way to tell your chances at UofA is to refer to last cycle's admitted students' profile where you could check if anyone within the same range of gpa/lsat as yours was admitted. Stats might be different this cycle since last one was kind of an anomaly. 

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Hugs 1

Federale
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, SeekerInfo123 said:

That formula/auto admit threshold is a bit dated, because it hasn't been adjusted for the higher LSAT average after they switched their policy to taking your highest score instead of your average one. I'd say that whatever the auto admit threshold number is (244?), add a couple points to it to get a better idea of what your chances are in 2022

• Like 1

SeekerInfo123
2 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

Very little is known about UofA's auto admissions, but I guess it's akin to the system at UBC. In this UBC's post, for clarification, it was stated the index score is estimated by applicants in past cycle and the admissions was never open about it. In general, if your gpa/lsat combo is beyond the threshold, you're considered 'highly likely' accepted unless something is tellingly wrong with the app. Your admissibility is not diminished if you score below it though. Instead, the merits of the rest of your app (PS, ECs, etc.) will be more important in the evaluation. At least this is true for borderline applicants. There's probably a 'non-admissible' mark derived from truly abysmal stats (like way below both 25th percentiles). 

Another (and arguably better) way to tell your chances at UofA is to refer to last cycle's admitted students' profile where you could check if anyone within the same range of gpa/lsat as yours was admitted. Stats might be different this cycle since last one was kind of an anomaly. 

Awesome. Thank you so so much for your help!! This is really helpful info. 

1 hour ago, Federale said:

That formula/auto admit threshold is a bit dated, because it hasn't been adjusted for the higher LSAT average after they switched their policy to taking your highest score instead of your average one. I'd say that whatever the auto admit threshold number is (244?), add a couple points to it to get a better idea of what your chances are in 2022

Great point! I forgot they switched it up this year. Makes sense. Thank you!