Are you doing courses over the summer and where? (summer abroad, etc.)

myth000

I'm doing research on where I could take a summer course.  I see that my law school allows me to take courses in anywhere in the world (with approval of the Dean).  I see that American law schools are planning in-person summer abroad programs I could join.  If anyone has done any research on summer options, or has any experience with summer courses, let me know.  

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

You should confirm that your school is still allowing exchanges. I believe that Western, for example, has cancelled exchanges for the Winter term (and perhaps further ahead) and those seeking to have their exchange anyway must seek special permission.

SNAILS
  • Law Student

With COVID, your better choice might be to summer with a lawyer where you work mostly remotely, but perhaps a bit in person. This life experience will probably teach you just as much and help your career just as much or more as taking a summer course.

I could be totally wrong about your goals. Maybe you just want to travel. Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:00 AM, SNAILS said:

With COVID, your better choice might be to summer with a lawyer where you work mostly remotely, but perhaps a bit in person. This life experience will probably teach you just as much and help your career just as much or more as taking a summer course.

I could be totally wrong about your goals. Maybe you just want to travel. Best of luck!

Just wanted to travel; if can get some credits as part of the deal then that's a bonus.

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

I am doing a directed research project with my contracts prof on the genealogy of nineteenth-century English contract doctrine. It's worth 4 credits. There's no classes involved, so I figure it would be something I can balance with work over the summer.

• Like 1