Update immigration status?

CL19

CL19
  • Law Student

Hi, I was an international student who graduated from a Canadian university. I was holding a work permit when I submitted application to law school.  Recently I became the permanent resident of Canada and haven’t heard from any school yet. Should I update my status with each school I applied to? I am asking because I am not sure if being an international applicant will make any difference to the admission decisions. 
Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

@HegdisJesus dude, you gave an immigrant a Bumblebee Man avatar? XD

(@CL19 My apologies for the unhelpful, derailing response. I don't have any more insight with respect to your inquiry than you do. Best of luck with everything.)

• LOL 2

LMP
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, CL19 said:

Hi, I was an international student who graduated from a Canadian university. I was holding a work permit when I submitted application to law school.  Recently I became the permanent resident of Canada and haven’t heard from any school yet. Should I update my status with each school I applied to? I am asking because I am not sure if being an international applicant will make any difference to the admission decisions. 
Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

An email takes very little time and almost never hurts. Explain the situation and email the various adcomms and see what they say. 

As for predictions? I have no idea, I'm not aware of any particular preference for domestic students but I won't deny it might be possible. I'm fairly ignorant of that kind of thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CleanHands said:

@HegdisJesus dude, you gave an immigrant a Bumblebee Man avatar? XD

(@CL19 My apologies for the unhelpful, derailing response. I don't have any more insight with respect to your inquiry than you do. Best of luck with everything.)

Aw goddammit. I was randomly assigning these things all day yestreday. OP do you want a different randomly assigned Simpsons avatar?

Sorry sorry sorry

• LOL 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
Just now, Hegdis said:

Aw goddammit. I was randomly assigning these things all day yestreday. OP do you want a different randomly assigned Simpsons avatar?

Sorry sorry sorry

Don't give him Apu.

CL19
  • Law Student
27 minutes ago, Hegdis said:

Sorry sorry sorry

Hey it’s okay. I love Simpsons so yes!

9 hours ago, LMP said:

An email takes very little time and almost never hurts. Explain the situation and email the various adcomms and see what they say. 

As for predictions? I have no idea, I'm not aware of any particular preference for domestic students but I won't deny it might be possible. I'm fairly ignorant of that kind of thing.

Thank you. I will contact adcomms immediately.