super splitter, chances? cGPA 2.41 LSAT 175

jokic

jokic
  • Law Student

My undergrad was a bio degree from ubc and I had like a 71% average. It's been 3 years since my undergrad and I've made a lot of changes in my life that resulted in my solid LSAT score, which I obviously go into in my Personal Statement. I'm applying to pretty much every school outside of Ontario, I just need one A lol, I know I can be one of the top students in my class and distinguish myself irregardless of the school.

Is it just luck? my stats are pretty bizarre so I guess just cross my fingers? really hope someone takes a chance on me...

Edited by jokic

• jokic changed the title to super splitter, chances? cGPA 2.41 LSAT 175

I can't speculate on any particular odds (though I know some people with similar profiles, albeit with slightly higher GPA and slightly lower LSAT, who got a few acceptances) but I'd like to mention that worst case you can wait a year or two and apply as a mature student which would be advantageous given your stats. 

• Like 1

jokic
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, LMP said:

I can't speculate on any particular odds (though I know some people with similar profiles, albeit with slightly higher GPA and slightly lower LSAT, who got a few acceptances) but I'd like to mention that worst case you can wait a year or two and apply as a mature student which would be advantageous given your stats. 

thanks for the comment! yes it's always an option to go as a mature student, and I could also maybe tack on a minor to my degree in the mean time and try to boost my GPA.

erin otoole
  • Lawyer

Great LSAT man, regardless of anything it is a great accomplishment and I hope you are proud.  Onto advice... 

I would very much consider applying to Windsor and Rye, I know you said outside Ontario. However, if you just want to get in, I would do everything that you can to make sure that happens. Down at Windsor there are always a number of kids with high GPA/ dumper LSAT and the opposite. For the sake of a couple hundred bucks, throw your hat in the ring and decide if you want to come to Windsor or Rye after you've been accepted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1