*Need Advice ASAP* LSAT Rescheduling??

ashadf

ashadf
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, 

I am in dire need of advice. I have my exam scheduled for January 16 but I have covid. It has been 4 days since i had covid and there hasn't been much improvement in my health. I know that if i take the test i may end up butchering it because my health is not 100% and i have no energy or strength. Do you think that the law schools will accept the feb lsat? I know that there are some schools that accept it but majority do not. Do you think that they will take my circumstance under consideration? I thought that I would get better and thought i would be able to do the test to the best of my ability but I feel only 15% improvement in my health since i got covid. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

I would give the schools a call and see what they say ASAP, or look into contacting LSAC and postponing your test even by a couple days which could be helpful to you. 

Get well soon!

• Like 1

GGrievous
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, ashadf said:

Do you think that the law schools will accept the feb lsat?

My guess would be that they would not because taking the last available LSAT is always a gamble for this very reason. They would likely not be sympathetic since you've had many opportunities last year to take it. If they allowed flexibility for any student who wasn't feeling "100%" that would be a logistical disaster. That being said, it's COVID so you should really be asking this of each individual school/LSAC. 

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1

ashadf
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Jean-Ralphio Saperstein said:

I would give the schools a call and see what they say ASAP, or look into contacting LSAC and postponing your test even by a couple days which could be helpful to you. 

Get well soon!

Thanks so much! I emailed LSAC and hopefully they are kind enough 🤞

3 hours ago, Barry said:

My guess would be that they would not because taking the last available LSAT is always a gamble for this very reason. They would likely not be sympathetic since you've had many opportunities last year to take it. If they allowed flexibility for any student who wasn't feeling "100%" that would be a logistical disaster. That being said, it's COVID so you should really be asking this of each individual school/LSAC. 

I understand what you're saying. I will contact the schools as well, alongside LSAC. Thanks so much for your advice!