1L Recruits 2022

LegalFox

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
18 minutes ago, LawPerson101 said:

Has anyone heard from McMillan?

Not yet. I suspect we may hear much later tonight.

LawPerson101
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, FloweryPeach said:

Not yet. I suspect we may hear much later tonight.

You just made me feel A LOT better! Thank you!

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
23 minutes ago, LawPerson101 said:

You just made me feel A LOT better! Thank you!

Who knows if we will even hear from McMillan today? The LSO website says that firms shall not communicate offers before 5pm EST today. That means that they can communicate offers anytime after. 😭

I have my notifications on, but I’m still refreshing my emails 😅

LawPerson101
  • Law Student
Just now, FloweryPeach said:

Who knows if we will even hear from McMillan today? The LSO website says that firms shall not communicate offers before 5pm EST today. That means that they can communicate offers anytime after. 😭

Omg the stress!!!!! Also make sure your phone is on hahaha! Not sure if they will email or phone

1 minute ago, FloweryPeach said:

Also everyone I talked to hasn't heard back yet, so it's not just us LOL

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Not to kill everyone’s hope, but generally speaking the major firms will get all their initial offers out immediately at five. And if you haven’t heard back by six, you almost certainly won’t.

This isn’t a situation when McMillan will wait till tomorrow to give offers, unless they’re taking a radically different approach to this recruit for some reason. 

• Like 4

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Not to kill everyone’s hope, but generally speaking the major firms will get all their initial offers out immediately at five. And if you haven’t heard back by six, you almost certainly won’t.

This isn’t a situation when McMillan will wait till tomorrow to give offers, unless they’re taking a radically different approach to this recruit for some reason. 

They have communicated information at hours that I didn’t entirely expect during the OCI process. A number of people are working from home, so it is quite possible that they have changed things up. 

LawPerson101
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

It's also their first time doing the 1L recruit. Idk if that means anything 

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Sure, because the timing of their prior communications didn’t matter. If they emailed you at ten PM for an interview, you were going to show up. 

In contrast, the timing of offers matters because they’re competing with other firms for the same top students. That’s why in both the 1L and 2L recruits, the big firms get offers out immediately.

The fact that people are working from home doesn’t change any of that. 

Anyways, you’re welcome to hold out hope, obviously. I’m just telling you that if McMillan hasn’t sent out offers by now, that’s anomalous. 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 3

LawStudent2011
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if the process is a rolling offer kind of process? I assume that some people who get offers may get multiple offers and so, does a firm reach out to the next person if the person declines?

LawStudent2011
  • Law Student

Also, will we be getting rejection emails? Or just assume that if you haven’t heard back you aren’t getting the spot? Went all the way to the end of interviews so I would appreciate just a firm rejection for courtesy sakes

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
25 minutes ago, LawStudent2011 said:

Also, will we be getting rejection emails? Or just assume that if you haven’t heard back you aren’t getting the spot? Went all the way to the end of interviews so I would appreciate just a firm rejection for courtesy sakes

I hope they at least make an effort to communicate. 

A small part of me wants to call, but I don’t want to be annoying. 

• Hugs 1

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, LawStudent2011 said:

43 minutes ago, FloweryPeach said:

I hope they at least make an effort to communicate. 

A small part of me wants to call, but I don’t want to be annoying. 

You almost certainly will not get a formal rejection message - I never heard from any of the firms I got to day 3 of the 2L recruit with except the one that made me an offer. Not getting a call at 5, or shortly after, is as good as a rejection. You can call if you want but it won't do much good.

Be very proud of yourself for getting this far in the most competitive recruit. You've got the grades and personality to land a job next year so keep your head up.

• Like 1

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
13 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

You almost certainly will not get a formal rejection message - I never heard from any of the firms I got to day 3 of the 2L recruit with except the one that made me an offer. Not getting a call at 5, or shortly after, is as good as a rejection. You can call if you want but it won't do much good.

Be very proud of yourself for getting this far in the most competitive recruit. You've got the grades and personality to land a job next year so keep your head up.

Thank you for your response. 

Do you know by chance how many 1Ls Bay Street firms usually select? 

• 2 weeks later...
frozenbananas
  • Law Student

For anyone who was successful, have you received your official offer and start date/summer student class?

Still waiting on mine, but just wanted to see what the general start date was at some firms. 

Turtles
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

For anyone who was successful, have you received your official offer and start date/summer student class?

Still waiting on mine, but just wanted to see what the general start date was at some firms. 

Yes, firm sent a written offer with those details, various forms, and a student list by Saturday that week. 

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
8 minutes ago, Turtles said:

Yes, firm sent a written offer with those details, various forms, and a student list by Saturday that week. 

LOL interesting. Idk what's going on for us but hopefully it wasn't one giant fever dream!

• 1 month later...
Turtles
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, mistertubby said:

whats the story with osler hiring 14 1Ls? iirc they didnt even do the 1L recruit last year

It's worth noting their vilawportal ad said they were looking for "5+". I wonder if the high associate turnover fleeing for NYC has increased the number of bodies Osler wants to recruit?

Edited by Turtles

• Ryn locked and unpinned this topic