Transferring to UofA

lawstudentthree

lawstudentthree
  • Law Student

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on transferring from the University of Ottawa to the University of Alberta. My undergrad GPA was a 3.95. My LSAT score was a 156. I was on the waitlist last year till after school started. My grades for the first semester of law school are in the B/B+ range. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
mj1995
  • Applicant
On 1/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, lawstudentthree said:

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on transferring from the University of Ottawa to the University of Alberta. My undergrad GPA was a 3.95. My LSAT score was a 156. I was on the waitlist last year till after school started. My grades for the first semester of law school are in the B/B+ range. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you. 

you'd probably be better off contacting the faculty, it is my understanding they still consider the statistics you applied to law school with undergrad/LSAT and your 1L grades and reasoning. Best of luck!

• 1 month later...
iwannagetaccepted1234
  • Law School Admit
On 1/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, lawstudentthree said:

im seriously considering ottawa and am from alberta.... how come you didnt like it enough to stay? i see you said limited support system, but i will soon be in same position and i was hoping to make great friends while at school and enjoy the change of environment 

lawstudentthree
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, iwannagetaccepted1234 said:

im seriously considering ottawa and am from alberta.... how come you didnt like it enough to stay? i see you said limited support system, but i will soon be in same position and i was hoping to make great friends while at school and enjoy the change of environment 

I think the pandemic had a lot to do with it! But my classmates do love Ottawa! It's a great school! Definitely PM if you'd like more info 🙂

Are you a 1L considering transferring? 

iwannagetaccepted1234
  • Law School Admit

That makes sense! I am from Alberta and so far rejected from Calgary so if I’m not in at U of A then ottawa is probably looking like my best option… so yeah currently deciding where to go for school

Edited by iwannagetaccepted1234