Request for Paralegal flair/thread

Lawstudents20202020

Lawstudents20202020
  • Lawyer

On the old forum, we had a section for paralegals, should we add that section back in and add a paralegal flair? 

54 minutes ago, Lawstudents20202020 said:

On the old forum, we had a section for paralegals, should we add that section back in and add a paralegal flair? 

If there is demand for it, I can do that, but even on the old forum the paralegal section was sparsely used. I do wonder how many paralegals would use a resource like this site, since it's so tailored to lawyers and law students.

• Like 1

Lawstudents20202020
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, Ryn said:

If there is demand for it, I can do that, but even on the old forum the paralegal section was sparsely used. I do wonder how many paralegals would use a resource like this site, since it's so tailored to lawyers and law students.

Makes sense, should there atleast be a flair for paralegals as a way to track and gauge interest in a paralegal thread? 

1 hour ago, Lawstudents20202020 said:

Makes sense, should there atleast be a flair for paralegals as a way to track and gauge interest in a paralegal thread? 

I think that's a good idea. The mods are discussing adding a section as well.

• Like 1

Phaedrus
  • Lawyer

If a paralegal section or thread is (re)started, it'd be helpful for users to nudge the paralegals we know to check the site out. AMAs and "what it's like" threads also help gain traction. I would expect program comparison/ranking threads to help in this way too. For our lawyer members, it might be nice to take a moment to appreciate how our asses have been saved by paralegals and support staff in the past.

Just a thought.

Edited by Phaedrus
  • Like 3

We’ve discussed it internally and I think all of us agree that a new forum would be useful. We’ll start with two: one for paralegal students and one for practitioners and add additional ones if and when they might be needed. I’ll add them in a bit. 

I appreciate the suggestion @Lawstudents20202020 and your comments, @Phaedrus!

• Like 2