HWGA3
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, Pacha said:

Reject this morning

lsat 157

cgpa mid2.x

L2: mid 3.x

16 years work experience

hey im so sorry to hear that! did you get an email?

Pacha
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, HWGA3 said:

hey im so sorry to hear that! did you get an email?

It’s okay, they place me in adcomm for so long didn’t think I’ll luck out. No email yet. I checked on the portal

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Rejected today. CGPA 3.16 L2/B2 3.5, LSAT 156. Not great stats but 25 years work experience. 

intothevoid
  • Applicant

3.0 GPA / 158 lsat -  BC applicant. JD Program

Former student athlete with 9 years of full-time work experience post graduation in technical sales and legal HR.

Received an email stating rejection right after my birthday. Ouch.

I am waitlisted for the Dual JD program. I'm not sure how that works when I've already been rejected for the single JD program.

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
45 minutes ago, intothevoid said:

Former student athlete with 9 years of full-time work experience post graduation in technical sales and legal HR.

I am waitlisted for the Dual JD program. I'm not sure how that works when I've already been rejected for the single JD program.

Sorry to hear 😞 Do you mind saying when you were referred and when you were rejected? How did your extracurriculars look like? Wishing you all the best! 

intothevoid
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Green123 said:

Sorry to hear 😞 Do you mind saying when you were referred and when you were rejected? How did your extracurriculars look like? Wishing you all the best! 

Thanks, I appreciate it. Upon recollection, I cannot exactly say when I was referred but I think it was around early March or just before. I was waitlisted for Dual JD in early April and got the regular JD rejection this past Monday.

Most of my extra curriculars are from high school and undergrad when I volunteered at schools in the community. That or helping local minor sport league tryouts and such. Since graduating, its a lot tougher to find the time to do so when working full time and having commitments. Perhaps that is something I need to improve upon in addition to the lsat if things ultimately don't work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applicant

Just got the rejection email  😞

L2 A- 

Strong references and lots of justice based experiences 

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
59 minutes ago, 123321 said:

Just got the rejection email  😞

L2 A- 

Strong references and lots of justice based experiences 

Sorry to hear. When we’re you referred?

• Applicant
11 hours ago, Green123 said:

Sorry to hear. When we’re you referred?

Not sure but it has been a few months.

Thought it was weird that I received an email that late at night

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant

Rejected off the waitlist. Got the email tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant

We’re you waitlisted previously? Also you have great stats I’m sure you will get in some places! 

50 minutes ago, lookingforlawhv said:

Rejected. 3.4, 168

Edited by Green123

lookingforlawhv
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, Green123 said:

We’re you waitlisted previously? Also you have great stats I’m sure you will get in some places! 

yes I was waitlisted. and thanks, maybe next cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
matthews95
  • Applicant
59 minutes ago, Jas24 said:

Rejected 3 years in a row. 

lsat 159

GPA 3.2

going to the UK. 

Really sorry to hear that. I'm probably joining you. How were you notified with the portal down? Single and Dual? 

• Like 2

Jas24
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, matthews95 said:

Really sorry to hear that. I'm probably joining you. How were you notified with the portal down? Single and Dual? 

Email from the dean Katia Benoit and so far I have been rejected from the single, haven't heard anything from Dual yet. 

2 hours ago, Jas24 said:

lsat 159

GPA 3.2

going to the UK. 

This is my mood as well, either going to forget it altogether or maybe go somewhere else and not come back and practice abroad.  Four years rejected, no matter how early I apply or how I specify my skills or interest.

Jas24
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, eloise142 said:

This is my mood as well, either going to forget it altogether or maybe go somewhere else and not come back and practice abroad.  Four years rejected, no matter how early I apply or how I specify my skills or interest.

I know what you mean, I know students with lower stats, bare minimum volunteering experience etc. that have been admitted into the program. 

It has me disheartened and re-evaluating my career choice.  

On 5/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, intothevoid said:

I am in the same boat, let me know if you hear back from the Dual JD program, cant check my status since the portal is down. 

• Like 2

Debtful
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, Jas24 said:

lsat 159

GPA 3.2

going to the UK. 

What others schools did you apply to, if any (if you dont mind me asking)

Jas24
  • Applicant
On 6/29/2022 at 5:32 PM, Debtful said:

What others schools did you apply to, if any (if you dont mind me asking)

I only applied to Windsor Dual JD and JD & Ryerson. I didn't apply to other school considering my LSAT wasn't enough for other schools such as Ottawa, Western Osgoode etc.

Debtful
  • Applicant
44 minutes ago, Jas24 said:

I only applied to Windsor Dual JD and JD & Ryerson. I didn't apply to other school considering my LSAT wasn't enough for other schools such as Ottawa, Western Osgoode etc.

Not sure if this helps for next year's cycle if you intend to apply - i got in early feb, to ottawa, with a 159. also got waitlisted at western.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Xxyz
  • Law Student

Rejected off the waitlist yesterday evening. Waitlisted early March. Disappointing, but unsurprising. Was rejected off Queens waitlist recently as well. 

• Hugs 1