Contacting about waitlist

A Moving Potato

A Moving Potato
  • Law Student

Should I contact the committee about the waitlist? I've been waitlisted since mid March and there's only about 2 weeks left before provisionals go firm.

• Like 1

Honestly they are probably waiting for those offers to become firm so that they get a better idea of which spots are open. 

historicaladvantage

My position is there is generally no harm in sending a professional letter of continued interest in admissions to an administrative officer in charge of the waitlist tally. 

If the letter is professional and succinct, you might on the off chance demonstrate to someone involved in admissions that you are proactive and industrious. Which certainly won’t hurt your application. 

Edited by historicaladvantage
  • Like 1

There's probably no harm in politely inquiring about it. From what I understand, schools won't tell you your position/rank on the waitlist but they can give you an update. 

I emailed the head of the ad comms committee at another school when I was waitlisted there and my UWindsor offer was set to expire, and she got back to me within the same day stating that I was still on the waitlist but couldn't speak to my chances of getting an offer by the time the semester started. 

23 hours ago, A Moving Potato said:

Should I contact the committee about the waitlist? I've been waitlisted since mid March and there's only about 2 weeks left before provisionals go firm.

Don't bother

I am still on their wait list since 2012

• Like 1
  • LOL 1