Chance me

BirdsArentReal
  • Law Student

Ryerson places some weight also on your interview portion, resume, ECs, and Personal Statement (whether or not it was tailored to their school). Because of these factors it's difficult to predict ones chances. However, your statistics are in-line with some admits from previous years. 

aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student

As BirdsArentReal mentioned; it's hard to predict because of the various other factors that you haven't mentioned but based on stats alone, you have a good chance of getting in

peanutbutter1234

Got rejected from Ryerson last cycle with almost identical stats. However I know people who got into Ryerson with the same or lower stats than me, Ryerson is so holistic (and a little unpredictable) that it's so hard to chance! Best of luck 🙂

UnLawful_Lawyer
  • Applicant

LSAT: 155 (wrote it twice and got the same score each time lol) 

CGPA: 3.18

Ryerson B20: 3.72

Working for the last 3 years so my two reference letters were from my work supervisor/ managers 

Wrote my personal statement with Ryerson as my top choice so its really tailored to their program/ question lol 

What do you guys think ?

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant

CGPA: 3.68 

B2: 3.80

LSAT: 150 (1 write)

Pretty decent/typical EC’s- volunteer experience for BLM, Breast Cancer Awareness.  Reference letters are from 2 professors and 1 boss. Worked throughout University, and now am employed by the Government as a legal assistant. I am also an entrepreneur. 

I got waitlisted at Windsor Law this morning.

Truly love and am hoping for Ryerson. 

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, vp1014 said:

CGPA: 3.68 

B2: 3.80

LSAT: 150 (1 write)

Pretty decent/typical EC’s- volunteer experience for BLM, Breast Cancer Awareness.  Reference letters are from 2 professors and 1 boss. Worked throughout University, and now am employed by the Government as a legal assistant. I am also an entrepreneur. 

I got waitlisted at Windsor Law this morning.

Truly love and am hoping for Ryerson. 

Congrats!!!!!! That’s really good news I got accepted into Windsor last year with a 152 and 3.85

i think you will get Ryerson just be hopeful I just wanted to hope to see if I chance at the school myself 

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant
22 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

Congrats!!!!!! That’s really good news I got accepted into Windsor last year with a 152 and 3.85

i think you will get Ryerson just be hopeful I just wanted to hope to see if I chance at the school myself 

Amazing! Did you accept? 

I am hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed!!

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, lawstudent_candidate10 said:

Amazing! Did you accept? 

I am hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed!!

Not yet, I provincially accepted but I’m waiting to hear from Ryerson western or osgoode before April 1( the deadline) to accept the offer

Kothh
  • Law Student

***EDIT I am currently a 2L at LASL***

Hey All  - maybe just a blanket response here - as some of you mentioned the process is very holistic. What I will say is that the raw metrics like cGPA and LSAT are not the be and end all for your applications. I had relatively midling grades with a rather unremarkable LSAT but still got accepted so don't count yourself out just yet!  

That being said - your character, which includes your CV, Interview, and written application - are probably the most important pieces. I'd say if your grades show an improvement over time and are respectable (probably above a 3.5 in your B2 or around 3.2 cGPA) and your LSAT is not horrendous then you've got a good a shot as any! 

Edited by Kothh

Sundin13
  • Applicant
20 minutes ago, Kothh said:

***EDIT I am currently a 2L at LASL***

Hey All  - maybe just a blanket response here - as some of you mentioned the process is very holistic. What I will say is that the raw metrics like cGPA and LSAT are not the be and end all for your applications. I had relatively midling grades with a rather unremarkable LSAT but still got accepted so don't count yourself out just yet!  

That being said - your character, which includes your CV, Interview, and written application - are probably the most important pieces. I'd say if your grades show an improvement over time and are respectable (probably above a 3.5 in your B2 or around 3.2 cGPA) and your LSAT is not horrendous then you've got a good a shot as any! 

If you don’t mind being totally blunt with me…I’ve got a 3.75 cGPA & 4.0 B2, however my LSAT is a 152… is that “horrendous” for LASL standards? Don’t want to keep my hopes up for Ryerson if it is horrendous lol. Appreciate it!