Chances? cGPA: 4.01 LSAT: 155

ad321
  • Applicant

I just got my LSAT score this morning and I’m pretty disappointed. I’m doing an honours degree right now but I’m not even sure if that changes anything either. Should I give up on the idea on getting in for Fall 2022? 

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

If you applied boradly you'll probably get in somewhere with that GPA. You prbably have some level of a chance at Dal. Not sure about how high though. If not retake the LSAT, if you can improve even 5-6 points there's a good chance you'll get into a good school next cycle. Keep in mind I don't know much, I probably know as much as you do and could be completely wrong. Best of luck!  

• 2 weeks later...
allrise97
  • Applicant
On 2/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, ad321 said:

I just got my LSAT score this morning and I’m pretty disappointed. I’m doing an honours degree right now but I’m not even sure if that changes anything either. Should I give up on the idea on getting in for Fall 2022? 

I applied to Dal with this exact same score last year and sadly got rejected, I am sure this is not the answer you want to hear but who knows maybe you have a shot? best of luck!

mj1995
  • Applicant
On 2/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, ad321 said:

According to the index score (4.01/4.3)*(60) + (155-120)*(40/60) = 79.29 when competitive applicants have historically been around an index of 80 and above. Hope this helps a little and good luck! your cGPA is amazing you should be proud 🙂

Did you apply anywhere else?

Edited by mj1995

ad321
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, mj1995 said:

According to the index score (4.01/4.3)*(60) + (155-120)*(40/60) = 79.29 when competitive applicants have historically been around an index of 80 and above. Hope this helps a little and good luck! your cGPA is amazing you should be proud 🙂

Did you apply anywhere else?

thank you! I only applied to Dal and UNB but I would ideally like to stay in province and go to Dal! 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:37 AM, allrise97 said:

I applied to Dal with this exact same score last year and sadly got rejected, I am sure this is not the answer you want to hear but who knows maybe you have a shot? best of luck!

If you don’t mind me asking when did you hear back from them last year? Were you placed on the wait list at all or just rejected?

mj1995
  • Applicant
7 hours ago, ad321 said:

thank you! I only applied to Dal and UNB but I would ideally like to stay in province and go to Dal! 

If you don’t mind me asking when did you hear back from them last year? Were you placed on the wait list at all or just rejected?

I was rejected last year in August I was not put on the waitlist I applied last year with a 4.2/4.3 and 157 if that helps? I applied this year with a 162 haven't heard anything yet if that also helps. 

Why didn't you consider others you could transfer / try to transfer after a year? with a cGPA like that you had a good shot at TRU or Sask. 

Edited by mj1995