How competitive is a 161 LSAT in Ontario?

legally_brunette

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

Just as the title says. I scored a 161 in Jan. I know this isn't a high or even mid 160s score but I worked really hard for it and wanted to find out how strong this score is considered to be relative to other applicants. I really don't know what the average LSAT score is for students so I thought I'd check here!

Edited by legally_brunette
changed wording
  • Like 2

law000099
  • Law School Admit

It's good, don't stress. I was accepted with a 159. You stand a chance at most universities if your GPA is competitive and if you write a strong PS. Stay patient, you'll be good!

• Like 1

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

@AustonMatthews34 thanks so much for your reply! I'm glad to hear it. I was scoring between a 163 - 165 but worked so hard to get to the 160s so I was honestly so happy just to see above a 160 on the real exam. It's hard not to criticize yourself after the fact by comparing to your PTs, but I'm hopeful the 10 percentile jump I made from my last exam in Jan 2021 will be looked at positively. 

• Like 1

99problems
  • Lawyer

Generally, above 160 is considered competitive, and your 161 makes the cut but barely. The overall strength of your application also depends on your cGPA. 

1 hour ago, legally_brunette said:

I really don't know what the average LSAT score is for students

Every school has this information available on its website. For instance, you can access Osgoode's here.

• Like 1

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

congrats on the amazing score! i remember the time i was dying to get anything above a 160. goodluck!!!

• Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

A 161 is good across the board. The only two law schools with medians higher than it in Ontario are UofT and Western. 

• Like 1