Status changed from application received to decision pending

lollins

lollins
  • Applicant

Hi!

I noticed the status changed on my UVIC application, as stated in the title, and I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else! From what I've read it means my application was reviewed but a decision wasn't made, do I still have a shot at getting in? 

Cheers 🙂

edit: figured I'd add my stats, gpa 3.75 with drops, lsat 163, strong ec's! 

Edited by lollins
adding information

mjslava
  • Applicant

Do you mind me asking when you wrote your LSAT? I wrote mine in January and it’s hasn’t been updated on the page.

I don’t think your change in status to decision pending isn’t a bad thing. Just means it will be decided soon.

lollins
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, mjslava said:

Do you mind me asking when you wrote your LSAT? I wrote mine in January and it’s hasn’t been updated on the page.

I don’t think your change in status to decision pending isn’t a bad thing. Just means it will be decided soon.

I don't mind at all! I wrote August 2020, but I did see on Reddit that it takes about 3 weeks for your LSAT score to be sent to schools. I don't know if that helps at all but it might just be a little while longer before it updates. 

• Thanks 1

Thewaitismuchtoolong

Same thing happened to me. I applied discretionary so i am hoping thats just par and the course for that category, but to be honest, i also glimpsed the abyss of wasted dreams when I saw it. Its not over until its over but best of luck to you and your future endeavours!

• Like 1

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit

I don't have any of my notes in from of me now so these timelines might be a bit off. Last year it went to "decision pending" for about 5 months before I was put on a waitlist. This year, I was 3 weeks on "decision pending" before UVic extended an offer.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thewaitismuchtoolong
22 minutes ago, bagelfan said:

I don't have any of my notes in from of me now so these timelines might be a bit off. Last year it went to "decision pending" for about 5 months before I was put on a waitlist. This year, I was 3 weeks on "decision pending" before UVic extended an offer.

Good luck!

Well, this seems like good news begel. Congratulations on your acceptance! It sounds like you were diligent and unrelenting and it paid off. Im stoked to hear that there is a chance this decision pending purgatory can turn out alright!

Cheers,

TruthHandlingAbilities
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, bagelfan said:

Good luck!

I was in the "decision pending" purgatory last year before being put on the waitlist as well. Applied discretionary. Although it seems I can't extrapolate any meaningful information from my status it won't stop me from refreshing the page 10 times a day. I'm currently "under review" for a discretionary application sent late October. 

Congrats on the acceptance! I remember you from the forums last year, I was genuinely surprised that your experience and stats didn't get you a seat then. 

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Ack! Mine has been Application Under Review since October! Anyone have any idea what this means?

On 2/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, bagelfan said:

Good luck!

Would you be willing to share stats?

lollins
  • Applicant
On 2/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, bagelfan said:

Good luck!

thank you so much for responding, this was so uplifting to hear! congratulations on your acceptance!

Thewaitismuchtoolong
1 hour ago, Patient0L said:

Ack! Mine has been Application Under Review since October! Anyone have any idea what this means?

It means they haven’t reviewed your file yet. You still have many a chance at acceptance. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, tdot1967 said:

It means they haven’t reviewed your file yet. You still have many a chance at acceptance. 

Weird. I submitted on September 1st and went under review in October! My stats aren't too terrible... but apparently I'm not on the top of the pile...

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, Patient0L said:

LSAT: 166

GPA: ~3.4, but pretty poor first two years pull that down; undergrad was finished 11 years ago.

Strong PS + EC: PhD in chemistry, 40+ publications, conference presentations, volunteering, work experience in academia.

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 2/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, bagelfan said:

GPA: ~3.4, but pretty poor first two years pull that down; undergrad was finished 11 years ago.

Strong PS + EC: PhD in chemistry, 40+ publications, conference presentations, volunteering, work experience in academia.

Thanks. And congrats btw!!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 2/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, bagelfan said:

@bagelfan One more question for you: What do you think made them waitlist you last year and accept you this year? Did you rewrite the LSAT? Change up your statement? Win a Nobel prize in the interim? 

• LOL 1

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit
20 hours ago, Patient0L said:

@bagelfan One more question for you: What do you think made them waitlist you last year and accept you this year? Did you rewrite the LSAT? Change up your statement? Win a Nobel prize in the interim? 

There's a few things that changed, but I couldn't tell you what was the deciding factor. I was much earlier in the application cycle this year. I continued to take classes while working and aced those. I think my PS was way better; last year I didn't really talk about my poor first 2 years of undergrad but this time I addressed them. More publications and more work experience too, coupled with more ECs.

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, bagelfan said:

There's a few things that changed, but I couldn't tell you what was the deciding factor. I was much earlier in the application cycle this year. I continued to take classes while working and aced those. I think my PS was way better; last year I didn't really talk about my poor first 2 years of undergrad but this time I addressed them. More publications and more work experience too, coupled with more ECs.

Thanks! What haunts me with my UVic application is that I think it was my worst of all of my applications... because I rushed it. Uvic also happens to be the local school for which I'm within their range of stats 😕 and actually wouldn't mind going to. 

I'm old enough that one more year of work is a drop in the bucket, and unlikely to make much difference, but it gives me hope that improving my application could make a difference. 

Thanks again!