When is safe to start to assume the likelihood of acceptance is nearing nil?

secondcareer-er

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit

I'm around 85% with drops & 158 LSAT, 69th percentile. Applied discretionary category December 4th, my application moved to "Application Under Review" a couple weeks ago. I have great references & work experience. I'm beginning to think it's safe to assume it's not happening if I don't hear back by the end of the month though, losing hope over here. Is that fair? 

Riel
  • Law School Admit

I would like to know this too! I applied in Dec. and have similar stats. There are people on here that applied later than me and have already got the call, so I am starting to lose hope a little bit as well

mjslava
  • Applicant

All I’ve heard is that this admissions cycle is very slow compared to other years. That’s what’s keeping me from losing my head.

Phaedrus
  • Lawyer

When I applied for law school, I was receiving acceptance letters into April. I had applied by the fall deadline and was never waitlisted. 

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit
19 minutes ago, Riel said:

I would like to know this too! I applied in Dec. and have similar stats. There are people on here that applied later than me and have already got the call, so I am starting to lose hope a little bit as well

Mind I ask if it was in the regular category? 

Riel
  • Law School Admit

I believe it was regular. For the JD/JID program. I did not fill out the discretionary form, but I'm Indigenous. When I talked to someone at the office in July, they never said anything about the discretionary form

Edited by Riel

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit
49 minutes ago, Riel said:

I believe it was regular. For the JD/JID program. I did not fill out the discretionary form, but I'm Indigenous. When I talked to someone at the office in July, they never said anything about the discretionary form

Oh okay, I applied under the discretionary category because of extenuating circumstances which negatively impacted my ability to succeed earlier in my degree. So it makes sense that you didn't need to fill that form out for the regular category of the JD/JID program. Best of luck to you too! This waiting is so rough. 

1 hour ago, mjslava said:

All I’ve heard is that this admissions cycle is very slow compared to other years. That’s what’s keeping me from losing my head.

Ok thanks for passing that on. I'll try to keep track of mine too.. once I find it again 

Patient0L
  • Law Student

My application has been "under review" since October. Is it safe to say I'm done for? Not sure what the drops / percentage situation is but my stats are 3.6mid / 16high.

Any way to find out how they are calculating your percentage GPA?

Arrowtotheny
  • Law School Admit

Not sure if this means anything. But the FB group for accepted students really don't have a whole lot of people in it. I think the process might just be slow. Good luck folks!

Edited by Arrowtotheny
  • Like 1

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit
On 2/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, Arrowtotheny said:

Not sure if this means anything. But the FB group for accepted students really don't have a whole lot of people in it. I think the process might just be slow. Good luck folks!

Oh I didn't see that, that's good to know. Every bit of encouragement helps at this point, ha. thanks 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

If this could help, I heard UBC doesn't gives out offers to discretionary applicants until May. Maybe the timeline applies to UVic too.

Turtles
  • Law Student
On 2/10/2022 at 5:14 PM, Patient0L said:

My application has been "under review" since October. Is it safe to say I'm done for? Not sure what the drops / percentage situation is but my stats are 3.6mid / 16high.

I was accepted in mid April in a previous year after sitting on the Under Review status since October. Not a waitlist or discretionary situation, they just keep sending out acceptances through the cycle and you need to be patient. 

• Like 1

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit
5 minutes ago, Turtles said:

I was accepted in mid April in a previous year after sitting on the Under Review status since October. Not a waitlist or discretionary situation, they just keep sending out acceptances through the cycle and you need to be patient. 

Ok thanks Turtle, that's helpful to hear. I'm realizing they really have only had my complete application for a week because I took the January LSAT. Before that, I also had to send in my fall grades. So these could also be factors. I'll try to give up assuming anything till April then. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
17 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

What I heard in my head when I read this:

My aaaaarrrgh was peppered with way more cursing.

5 minutes ago, mjslava said:

That's me since September 1, when I got my application in on the first day.

• Nom! 2

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, Patient0L said:

Under review since October?! I've been going crazy and mine has only been under review since Feb 1st. I wish they would tell us already! Even a rejection would be appreciated. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 2/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, LilLawbb said:

Under review since October?! I've been going crazy and mine has only been under review since Feb 1st. I wish they would tell us already! Even a rejection would be appreciated. 

Seriously... I don't know if a rejection would be appreciated, but at least I would know whether to get back into full LSAT prep mode again.

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Seriously... I don't know if a rejection would be appreciated, but at least I would know whether to get back into full LSAT prep mode again.

😹 I mean, I obviously want to be accepted. I simply don't do well with Schrodinger's application. 

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

😹 I mean, I obviously want to be accepted. I simply don't do well with Schrodinger's application. 

Meow! 

• Like 2

Thewaitismuchtoolong
37 minutes ago, LilLawbb said:

This is seriously torture. Worst bit was getting swapped to “decision pending” without any real explanation to what it means. Like god damn either accept or don’t at this point. They just want to drag the hope out across the coals for as long as they can. Good luck with your applications!

• Like 2

LilLawbb
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, tdot1967 said:

This is seriously torture. Worst bit was getting swapped to “decision pending” without any real explanation to what it means. Like god damn either accept or don’t at this point. They just want to drag the hope out across the coals for as long as they can. Good luck with your applications!

Could you give me a general timeline (under review --> decision pending)? I want to psychologically brace myself. 

At least decision pending means they looked at your file! I recently learned "under review" is a misnomer. Good luck to us both!!

• Like 1