Chances pls!! L2 3.8 LSAT 160

angryturtle

mj1995
  • Applicant
On 2/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, angryturtle said:

Wrote LSAT in January

would love to know in the almost same boat as you L2 4.0 lsat Jan 2022 162

I'd say stat wise you're both fine. But ucalgary is holistic. Do you have any work experience? Clubs? Volunteer experience?

Those I think would play more now that you both have competitive stats.

• Like 1

AverageStudent2022
  • Articling Student

Agree with @qsizzle – both competitive stats. I'd bet you are both in if the rest of your applications are also competitive. 

• Like 1

mj1995
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, qsizzle said:

I'd say stat wise you're both fine. But ucalgary is holistic. Do you have any work experience? Clubs? Volunteer experience?

bachelors and masters in finance have another bachelors in psych have worked for special olympics for several years and coached in winter games have worked in investment banking and regulatory law in oil and gas 

20 hours ago, AverageStudent2022 said:

Agree with @qsizzle – both competitive stats. I'd bet you are both in if the rest of your applications are also competitive. 

thank you that means everything its my first choice 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:27 PM, qsizzle said:

Thanks for your insight!! I have decent EC’s + work experience. Do you think I’ll probably hear back near the end of the cycle. Just worried since people with similar stats were waitlisted last year

55 minutes ago, angryturtle said:

Thanks for your insight!! I have decent EC’s + work experience. Do you think I’ll probably hear back near the end of the cycle. Just worried since people with similar stats were waitlisted last year

If I told you when you'd hear back I'd be lying as I have no idea.

But I can say last year was more competitive than this year due to LSAT inflation and a record number of applications. This year, people that got denied last year are getting in with the same stats as their previous year. Looking at last year's rejections isn't a good metric for acceptance this year.. stay positive 😄

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 5:22 PM, qsizzle said:

If I told you when you'd hear back I'd be lying as I have no idea.

But I can say last year was more competitive than this year due to LSAT inflation and a record number of applications. This year, people that got denied last year are getting in with the same stats as their previous year. Looking at last year's rejections isn't a good metric for acceptance this year.. stay positive 😄

Definitely true, thanks! Trying to stay hopeful, UofC is my first choice 

User456
  • Law School Admit

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have similar stats. 3.85 and 162 (wrote in November), my application went complete December 6th and i'm still waiting. Biased, but I think I have very strong EC's and work experience and a good personal statement. 

mj1995
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, User456 said:

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have similar stats. 3.85 and 162 (wrote in November), my application went complete December 6th and i'm still waiting. Biased, but I think I have very strong EC's and work experience and a good personal statement. 

This makes me feel slightly worse and horrible for writing so late, good luck i am sure you will get a spot and i will be over here having a daily panic attack hahah

User456
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, mj1995 said:

This makes me feel slightly worse and horrible for writing so late, good luck i am sure you will get a spot and i will be over here having a daily panic attack hahah

Yeah... same lol. It doesn't seem to matter though, because people are getting in with these stats and writing in January. It feels like my application got lost but i'm sure that's not possible lol. At this point, I feel like you will hear before me. It's been a very long three months. 

• Like 1

mj1995
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, User456 said:

Yeah... same lol. It doesn't seem to matter though, because people are getting in with these stats and writing in January. It feels like my application got lost but i'm sure that's not possible lol. At this point, I feel like you will hear before me. It's been a very long three months. 

Thanks you! I appreciate your kind words. I have a bachelors, mba and I took a second bachelors just to have a 4.0. Everyday I wake up and panic because I just want to be close to my friends and family next year covid has been hard enough you know? You are going to get in for sure ! your phenomenal with your gpa/lsat and your ECs hope we both make it 🥰

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

displaynamerequired
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, User456 said:

I'm in the same boat. really similar stats to you, good ec's, and application completed around the same time... starting to feel like that little green checkmark is never going to appear lol. good to know i'm not the only one feeling like my application got lost. i really hope you hear back soon tho!! 

• Like 3

Lawhpefl10
  • Law School Admit

Nice to know others are feeling the same way. I'm similar stat wise (3.9low/161 (August)) and I have been waiting on pins and needles, fingers crossed for all of us.

• Like 2

mj1995
  • Applicant

you are all the best wish you all luck and hopefully I get to see all your beautiful faces next year ❤️ in the mean time I will try not to have daily heart palpations because of this thread haha 

• Like 1