How many Dean of Law Scholarships

Latte_Specter14

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

Was wondering approx. how many dean of law scholarships/total value are/is given out each year? Trying to get a sense of how common they are for admitted students. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Latte_Specter14 said:

Was wondering approx. how many dean of law scholarships/total value are/is given out each year? Trying to get a sense of how common they are for admitted students. Thanks!

I received this offer. The total value of my offer was $40,000.00. $20,000 guaranteed for both 1L and 2L (for a total of $40,000 guaranteed). 

I don't know the number that are given out exactly but when I attended the invitational to Western I had received the dean of law scholarship and mingled with a few other prospective students there. From speaking with the prospective students present at the invitational there was 2 others who received a good chunks of change for the dean of law scholarship offer but they were less in value than the one I received. 

Today Western's website states, "Dean of Law Entrance Scholarships:  Awarded to students entering first-year Law based on academic excellence in pre-law studies and other achievements. Value: $5,000 to $40,000. The number of scholarships will vary annually". 

• Like 1

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

I was notified yesterday that I received a dean of law scholarship for the 2022/23 year ! Also curious as to how many are offered. 

goosie
  • Lawyer

Just FYI to any recipients the Dean of Law scholarship can either be for one or two years. If you got one for two years it should say in your scholarship offer. It sounds like @Apple got one for two years, but not all of them will be.

illegallyblonde
  • Applicant

I received a Dean of Law scholarship a couple days ago. $20,000 for the 2022/23 school year, not for two years!

• Hugs 1

34 minutes ago, illegallyblonde said:

I received a Dean of Law scholarship a couple days ago. $20,000 for the 2022/23 school year, not for two years!

Congratulations! You should be very proud 🙂

• Thanks 1

Warner Huntington III
  • Law School Admit

I received an offer a few days ago as well for a Dean of Law scholarship totalling $40 000

• 1 year later...
positivepinnaple
On 2/16/2022 at 10:47 AM, Apple said:

I received this offer. The total value of my offer was $40,000.00. $20,000 guaranteed for both 1L and 2L (for a total of $40,000 guaranteed).

Sorry to revisit such an old thread, but can you share your GPA and LSAT when you were offered this? Hoping for such an offer this cycle, but unsure if I'm close to qualifying:/