Please consider supporting us by donating! (+ we're phasing out Patreon)

Ryn

Hey folks!

Starting this month, we're phasing out Patreon in favour of receiving donations directly using the forum software. This will reduce the fees we've been charged on donated amounts from around 30% to around 3%. This high fee was a trade-off for me in the initial stages because Patreon was able to set us up very quickly and with very little required integration. As I've become more comfortable with the board software (as a technical guy) and our costs have risen, the fee charged by Patreon was becoming less and less acceptable. So, we've partnered with Stripe, a trustworthy worldwide payment partner, which will be processing all donations. You can start a pledge and manage your donation right here on the forums (and your payment information remains safe because it never touches our servers)!

While I have your attention, please allow me to ask, if you have not already, to donate to the on-going server costs!

I am incredibly grateful for every dollar you guys are able to contribute. I deliberately have decided not to run ads or enable any form of monetization that would jeopardize your privacy (like selling your data), which I value a great deal. Instead, I rely on your kind contributions to offset our server costs. As of posting this, that is roughly in the realm of $250/month (our costs have risen over the past several months as more people have joined our community and found a home here).

Any bit helps! What do you get as a supporter? Check out this thread:

Thanks everyone! And do let me know if any of you have any trouble with the new system.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
ZineZ
  • Lawyer

Just popping by to remind folks to consider donating towards the server costs!  There are no ads - so this is the only source of funding! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, is there any way to put in an option where a person can do a one-time contribution? I just realized it's all monthly supporter options, and I know some of our group have fluctuating financial situations...

• Like 2

• Ryn unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, Hegdis said:

Hey, is there any way to put in an option where a person can do a one-time contribution? I just realized it's all monthly supporter options, and I know some of our group have fluctuating financial situations...

I've added a one time donation option that's accessible from the pledge page, but you can also go directly there here. Thanks for the idea!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing, thanks.

If anyone wants to virtually buy a mod a coffee, consider sending us five bucks to keep doing what we're doing. Thanks everyone!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone - If you'd be willing to buy a $5 Starbucks gift card for any of the people here who have reached out and helped or supported you, please consider sending five dollars our way so we can keep helping and supporting each other.

• 2 weeks later...
existentialdread
  • Law Student

Donated today for some good waitlist karma. And also a thank you to those who keep this site running. You guys rock.

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 2