Rejected 2022

user789

user789
  • Law Student

I don't see a thread on this yet, but I went to check my application on a whim and saw the dreaded red X. Letter dated Feb 18th. Saw this coming so it wasn't too much of a shocker. No email was sent. 

L2: 3.9

CGPA: 3.5

LSAT: 148 (obviously what caused my rejection) 

The rejection is bittersweet, I knew it was coming just not this soon. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 🥰

Edited by user789
Add Stats
  • Hugs 8

rb_71
  • Law School Admit

Sorry to hear about that! Your GPA is rock solid, so if you can improve on that LSAT score I'm sure you have a great chance during the next cycle. All the best!!

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

So sorry to hear! May I ask about your work experience, volunteering  and ECs?

Edited by Lawyerup36

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

Also a huge thank you for starting this thread, as someone still waiting I’ve been watching for these threads and I will absolutely post rejections as well cause I think they are really helpful stats wise and timeline wise! Now nail that lsat! You got this next round. 

• 2 weeks later...
theaukr
  • Law Student

Rejected on March 2. 😔

L2 GPA: 3.96 LSAT: 155

Edited by theaukr
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 7

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
22 hours ago, theaukr said:

Rejected on March 2. 😔

L2 GPA: 3.96 LSAT: 155

I’m so sorry! May I ask when your app was completed?

theaukr
  • Law Student
19 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I’m so sorry! May I ask when your app was completed?

I applied the first day applications opened and wrote the August LSAT. App was completed long ago! It might be because I have no work experience according to the self-assessment for unsuccessful applicants 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by theaukr

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, theaukr said:

I applied the first day applications opened and wrote the August LSAT. App was completed long ago! It might be because I have no work experience according to the self-assessment for unsuccessful applicants 🤷🏼‍♀️

I see, so sorry! All the best and try again next cycle. 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, theaukr said:

So out of curiosity then, was your application complete long ago? As in you didn’t have fall courses? And if not and you were not in school did you explain a reason for no work experience at all? 

theaukr
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

So out of curiosity then, was your application complete long ago? As in you didn’t have fall courses? And if not and you were not in school did you explain a reason for no work experience at all? 

I am still in school and do have fall courses. I graduate this spring! I just mean my app was complete because I had submitted everything I could long before the deadline.

Edited by theaukr

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
50 minutes ago, theaukr said:

I am still in school and do have fall courses. I graduate this spring! I just mean my app was complete because I had submitted everything I could long before the deadline.

Thanks for clarifying, that means that your application wasn’t actually complete until January. I am just trying to get a sort of timeline, like many I am still waiting. Thanks 

theaukr
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Thanks for clarifying, that means that your application wasn’t actually complete until January. I am just trying to get a sort of timeline, like many I am still waiting. Thanks 

You're welcome! It's so hard to understand admission decisions. I have a friend who also applied to Calgary with a lower L2 and LSAT score who is still waiting as well. Calgary wasn't my top choice but I wasn't expecting a rejection, so hopefully all works out in the end 🤞 

Good luck to you!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, theaukr said:

You're welcome! It's so hard to understand admission decisions. I have a friend who also applied to Calgary with a lower L2 and LSAT score who is still waiting as well. Calgary wasn't my top choice but I wasn't expecting a rejection, so hopefully all works out in the end 🤞 

Good luck to you!

Thanks so much! Holistic admissions is complex, and I’ve learned to just try and enjoy the ride. I hope you get in somewhere!

• Like 1

Marie144
  • Applicant

Just checked my portal this morning. Rejected 

LSAT 154, L2 3.7

Out of school for two years working in the social work/ criminology field 

EC's included varsity athlete, athletic committees, note taker/ tutor 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

SK1373
  • Applicant
28 minutes ago, Cruss said:

Rejected today. 

L2 3.6 

LSAT 164

I’m really sorry to hear that. Your stats are great and I’m sure you’ll get admission somewhere else.

do you mind sharing when you completed your app and if you were enrolled in any fall courses? 

Cruss
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, SK1373 said:

I’m really sorry to hear that. Your stats are great and I’m sure you’ll get admission somewhere else.

do you mind sharing when you completed your app and if you were enrolled in any fall courses? 

Thank you, I really hope so! I competed my app in November, i think 1 week after admissions opened and was already graduated.

allrise1
  • Law School Admit
On 3/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, theaukr said:

Good luck to you!

Just curious why you weren’t expecting a rejection when you have no work experience and a score 6 points below the median. Killer GPA but I applied all over Canada last year with a 4.0 and 155 and didn’t get in anywhere. I think it might not only be your work experience but also your score. Good luck on your other admissions and I wish you the best. 

Edited by allrise1

jakethelegalsnake
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today. Can't say I'm not disappointed as uCalgary was my second choice. 

L2: 3.4, LSAT: 167. No full time work experience which I assume is the primary reason I was rejected, although my GPA didn't help. 

😢

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, jakethelegalsnake said:

Rejected today. Can't say I'm not disappointed as uCalgary was my second choice. 

L2: 3.4, LSAT: 167. No full time work experience which I assume is the primary reason I was rejected, although my GPA didn't help. 

😢

Sorry about the news, but great lsat! Maybe just get some work experience under your belt and volunteering as well! Your GPA isn’t exceptional, but I don’t think it’s the primary cause! Good luck. 

• Like 1

law lady
  • Law School Admit

Logged in to my account to see the dreaded X today!

GPA: 3.7 L2: 3.9

LSAT: 153 (probably one of the big factors I was denied)

Tons of extra curriculars, volunteer work, publications, and employment opportunities and I had a solid personal statement/references

Calgary is my hometown so this rejection definitely stings the most but I am grateful that I got accepted to a few other schools. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!! 🙂

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, law lady said:

Logged in to my account to see the dreaded X today!

GPA: 3.7 L2: 3.9

LSAT: 153 (probably one of the big factors I was denied)

Tons of extra curriculars, volunteer work, publications, and employment opportunities and I had a solid personal statement/references

Calgary is my hometown so this rejection definitely stings the most but I am grateful that I got accepted to a few other schools. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!! 🙂

I’m sorry to hear! Darn LSAT! I feel you, it’s definitely a hinderance for me to. Where did you get offers?