Rejected 2022

user789

law lady
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I’m sorry to hear! Darn LSAT! I feel you, it’s definitely a hinderance for me to. Where did you get offers? 

I got accepted to Lakehead, Ottawa, Queens, and TRU but no clue where I want to go yet!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, law lady said:

I got accepted to Lakehead, Ottawa, Queens, and TRU but no clue where I want to go yet!

Hey that’s awesome! Congratulations. 

• Hugs 1

fettuccinealfredo
  • Law Student

Rejected a few hours ago-

L2: 3.45 - 3.6, depending on how they calculate it

LSAT: 163

Some unique EC's, worked p/t during undergrad, 1.5 years of legal experience, took courses after graduation as an unclassified student while working full time in a law firm. I submitted my application on the last possible day and had to wait for my fall courses to be graded, so they received everything quite late.

Stings because it's the first rejection, but that's life 🙂 

Edited by fettuccinealfredo
  • Hugs 1

Ital
  • Law School Admit
20 minutes ago, fettuccinealfredo said:

Rejected a few hours ago-

L2: 3.45 - 3.6, depending on how they calculate it

LSAT: 163

Some unique EC's, worked p/t during undergrad, 1.5 years of legal experience, took courses after graduation as an unclassified student while working full time in a law firm. I submitted my application on the last possible day and had to wait for my fall courses to be graded, so they received everything quite late.

Stings because it's the first rejection, but that's life 🙂 

Sorry to hear! Your stats are solid and you have some good EC's so hopefully another school comes through for you this year. If not, I'm sure if you apply earlier next year it will be a different outcome!

• Thanks 1

fettuccinealfredo
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Ital said:

Sorry to hear! Your stats are solid and you have some good EC's so hopefully another school comes through for you this year. If not, I'm sure if you apply earlier next year it will be a different outcome!

Thank you! Other schools are a bit more generous with how they convert my GPA, so fingers crossed this isn't the end of the road for this cycle. 

• Like 1

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Hi everybody,

Hope y'all are having a great day. 

Rejected today. I would have loved to have had UofC as an option, but what's done is done and can't be undone. Life goes on! 

LSAT: 169

cGPA: 2.82

L22: 3.3

L17: 3.8

Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and best of luck to those still in the hunt. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Hugs 8

existentialdread
  • Law Student
15 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Hi everybody,

Rejected today. I would have loved to have had UofC as an option, but what's done is done and can't be undone. Life goes on! 

Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and best of luck to those still in the hunt. 🙂

I am surprised. You have a great LSAT and very decent GPA. What are your ECs and work experience like?

Akabani
  • Undergrad

Hi everybody,

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this. I hope you get in somewhere soon. I had a question. What do you mean by L22 and L17, and why are those relevant, particularly the L17. You sharing your stats and LSAT is very kind, and appreciated by all, but since Calgary is L20, I am just curious why L17 or L22 matters, or why its a thing you're reporting. All the best! 

Hi everybody,

1 minute ago, Akabani said:

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this. I hope you get in somewhere soon. I had a question. What do you mean by L22 and L17, and why are those relevant, particularly the L17. You sharing your stats and LSAT is very kind, and appreciated by all, but since Calgary is L20, I am just curious why L17 or L22 matters, or why its a thing you're reporting. All the best! 

Was wondering the same. Just curious!

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, Akabani said:

Hi,

9 minutes ago, qsizzle said:

Was wondering the same. Just curious!

The UofC uses L20 for GPA calculations but it can end up being more than 20 courses. You must input all the courses within the term that your 20th course occurs and this ends up putting some people higher than 20. My calculation included 21 courses! I'm assuming that @pinsandneedles had 2 extra courses within that semester, thus putting him at L22. 

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
20 minutes ago, Akabani said:

Hi,

It is L20 yes but if counting back 20 courses lands in the middle of a semester then the whole semester is counted. Most universities do this. So sometimes a persons “L20” is actually L22 and so forth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 10:51 AM, Lawyerup36 said:

It is L20 yes but if counting back 20 courses lands in the middle of a semester then the whole semester is counted. Most universities do this. So sometimes a persons “L20” is actually L22 and so forth. 

Thanks! I have been saying my my gpa is L20 when its really L24. Never thought about this!

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
On 3/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, qsizzle said:

Thanks! I have been saying my my gpa is L20 when its really L24. Never thought about this!

No worries! For this cycle I am L21. Thankfully my L20 and L21 are identical. But I do feel for the few that could be negatively affected. 

ReticentSnacker
  • Applicant
On 3/23/2022 at 9:19 PM, pinsandneedles said:

Hi everybody,

Darn! We have the same stats (I have not heard back yet) and I was seriously hoping you would be my classmate (we’ve spoken a couple times).

I hope you get in somewhere amazing!

• Like 1

e4bu
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today via the portal. No email yet. CGPA 3.31/4.0, L2 3.3/4.0. 164 LSAT. Lots of work/volunteer experience. I would say strong ECs. Also applied to USask and waiting to hear back. 

Edited by e4bu
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

Ital
  • Law School Admit
15 minutes ago, e4bu said:

Rejected today via the portal. No email yet. CGPA 3.31/4.0, L2 3.3/4.0. 164 LSAT. Lots of work/volunteer experience. I would say strong ECs. Also applied to USask and waiting to hear back. 

Sorry to hear that!

Are you aware if you were waitlisted previously or did you go from received to rejected?

e4bu
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Ital said:

Sorry to hear that!

Are you aware if you were waitlisted previously or did you go from received to rejected?

Received to rejected. 

SeeYouLaterLitigator
  • Law School Admit
38 minutes ago, e4bu said:

I was rejected today via the portal as well with similar stats.  I applied to USask and received an acceptance so stay positive!

bgormo
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, SeeYouLaterLitigator said:

I was rejected today via the portal as well with similar stats.  I applied to USask and received an acceptance so stay positive!

I was also rejected today. Strong ECs (part time work experience with gov). LSAT 160 (1 take; November 2021). L2 GPA 3.83. No email, only changed on portal. Went from received to rejected, no waitlist. Holding on to hope for other schools.  

catwoman
  • Law Student

Rejected today, my heart definitely dropped when I saw that X - LSAT 159 L2 3.7

Lots of work experience through undergrad and a year of full time work since finishing. Hoping for an offer from UAlberta (first choice) or USask!! Good luck to all those still waiting!🙂

• Sad 1

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant

This thread has me NERVOUS. My lsat is way lower than most of these and I havent been rejected yet... so im just hiding in the back hoping they dont boot me out

• Like 2

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
11 minutes ago, LegallyBBrunette said:

This thread has me NERVOUS. My lsat is way lower than most of these and I havent been rejected yet... so im just hiding in the back hoping they dont boot me out

There are a bunch of us still “received” that’s where the quote comes from about black magic. We were having a little fun yesterday poking at the process! Good luck to you.