Rejected 2022

user789

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Lawyerup36 said:

There are a bunch of us still “received” that’s where the quote comes from about black magic. We were having a little fun yesterday poking at the process! Good luck to you. 

Haha yes I saw that on another thread. It makes no sense but if it's going to increase my odds, ill take it.

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
Just now, LegallyBBrunette said:

Haha yes I saw that on another thread. It makes no sense but if it's going to increase my odds, ill take it.

There is definitely bias of course in hoping that those “received” with gain admission.  Realistically we may very well get rejected out of the applicants that we are pooled with! We are most likely the last pool of applicants, which likely composes applicants who fall short in either lsat or gpa. (Like me) lol. Just my opinion, but at this point I see it as 50/50. And anything is possible. 

applicant88
  • Law School Admit
On 3/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, law lady said:

I got accepted to Lakehead, Ottawa, Queens, and TRU but no clue where I want to go yet!

Was this a 3.9 on your L2 on a 4.0 scale? Congrats!

heehee
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, bgormo said:

I was also rejected today. Strong ECs (part time work experience with gov). LSAT 160 (1 take; November 2021). L2 GPA 3.83. No email, only changed on portal. Went from received to rejected, no waitlist. Holding on to hope for other schools.  

We have similar stats and seeing this made me RUN to check my app. status... nothing yet 😕 Wishing you the best, hope you'll get scooped up by a great school!!

• Like 1

harrylaw
  • Applicant

Rejected April 1! (admissions portal, no email)

LSAT = 160 (jan 2022) OLSAS GPA = 2.65 Uni CPGA = 72.39 / 2.90 L2 (Ucalgary Method, ending Dec 31, 2021) = 75.30% / 3.20

I found a typo in the first sentence of my personal statement after I submitted (rip). My letters of recommendation are strong, so submitting those would have added to my package. 

• Hugs 1

dancetheskies
  • Law School Admit

Rejected this morning. Not super surprised about it and I have an acceptance elsewhere so it’s all good.
LSAT 160 cgpa 2.7 10 years of nursing experience including extensive leadership and teaching experience. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

kdiddy
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today. 3.7/4.0 L2, 158 LSAT. Status in portal went from "Received" to "We are unable to offer you admission to the Faculty of Law at the University of Calgary at this time."

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

Got that dreaded X, rejected today:

CGPA 3.01, no idea what my last two were but higher than CGPA

LSAT 156

• Sad 2

brokenegg
  • Law School Admit

rejected today! no email, just checked the portal.

lsat 157, cgpa ~3.7, l2/b2 4.0. 

👺

• Sad 2

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant

Reeeeeejected 156 and average from two different schools (4.0/4.0 and 4.2/4.33) about 83% without drops

• Sad 2

justtryingmybestttt
  • Applicant

R today. 
3.68 Gpa, 3.91 last two years. 
insane and diverse extra curriculars

157 LSAT. 

i knew my lsat was holding me back but I feel terrible anyway 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, justtryingmybestttt said:

R today. 
3.68 Gpa, 3.91 last two years. 
insane and diverse extra curriculars

157 LSAT. 

i knew my lsat was holding me back but I feel terrible anyway 

I’m sorry for the news! Hope you get other offers! Did you have at least 2 years of full time work experience? 

heehee
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I’m sorry for the news! Hope you get other offers! Did you have at least 2 years of full time work experience? 

Just curious, how is this a relevant question? Are you asking because you have 2 years of full-time work and you want to see how you compare? 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
9 minutes ago, heehee said:

Just curious, how is this a relevant question? Are you asking because you have 2 years of full-time work and you want to see how you compare? 

I was asking because on there website it states this as a factor of denial, and since they listed they had great Ec’s, and decent stats, I thought maybe this was an unfortunate circumstance that prevented their admission. That’s all. 

• Like 4

justtryingmybestttt
  • Applicant
21 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Actually, no! I just graduated my undergrad a year ago so not full time 😕

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
17 minutes ago, justtryingmybestttt said:

Actually, no! I just graduated my undergrad a year ago so not full time 😕

Awe, I’m sorry! I hope you get in elsewhere, and if not don’t give up! There is always next year! 

• Thanks 1

Lucky54
  • Applicant

Unfortunately got my rejection today 😞 Luckily got accepted at UNB so not too worried! 158, cGPA 3.63, l2 3.74

• Hugs 1

heehee
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I was asking because on there website it states this as a factor of denial, and since they listed they had great Ec’s, and decent stats, I thought maybe this was an unfortunate circumstance that prevented their admission. That’s all. 

Thank you! I appreciate the clarification, and apologies if my question came across a bit rude!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
Just now, heehee said:

Thank you! I appreciate the clarification, and apologies if my question came across a bit rude!

It’s ok no worries. 

Daybyday_
  • Applicant

Hi there - I was just wondering when you guys applied? Thanks so much for sharing your stats. Wishing you all the very best 🙏🏻

Edited by Daybyday_

lawapp
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Daybyday_ said:

Hi there - I was just wondering when you guys applied? Thanks so much for sharing your stats. Wishing you all the very best 🙏🏻

I applied closer to the deadline and took the Jan 2022 lsat. I think my app was complete early feb. Sorry for the unclear answer. 

Lawyer1017
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, Daybyday_ said:

Day of the deadline and Jan LSAT

• Like 1