Rejected 2022

user789

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, lawapp said:

Rejected today :’( 

L2 B+ 

good EC, PS and references. 

I thought references were only for upper year applicants? They don’t take them for first year applicants 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, Notworthy said:

I thought references were only for upper year applicants? They don’t take them for first year applicants 

They don’t for general applicants, but indigenous applicants I believe need two, and I’m not sure about URM or the newer program for black applicants(I’m not in these categories but at first I used to think the same thing, then I remembered this)

• Like 1

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
57 minutes ago, Cruss said:

@Notworthy Holy crap. Did you work experience?

I did, 6 years of investment banking, managing real estate investments, risk analytics, three degrees and volunteer experience for 7-8 years. I know this really hurt I’m from Alberta and I didn’t want to leave.

Also wrote the optional essay on late diagnosis of ADHD.

Edited by Notworthy
  • Like 2

Akabani
  • Undergrad
10 hours ago, Notworthy said:

Rejected 4.0/160

Sorry to hear that man. Excellent stats and you ECs sound really excellent. That's crazy

• Like 1

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit

Thanks I appreciate it! Taking it humbly was an honour to be considered and maybe I’ll be lucky enough to transfer in. Appreciate the kind words on here ❤️. Also not that it matters but I am a girl 😉.

Edited by Notworthy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

avukatx
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today 7 April

B2 GPA 3.92/4.00 LSAT 158 (Jan 22)

Tons of work experience in varying fields and good academic experience, community service. Filled out special facts for disability and family responsibilities throughout undergrad. Talked about why uCalgary in PS and answered other questions. 

Congrats to everyone who got in!

bubbles123
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, avukatx said:

Rejected today 7 April

B2 GPA 3.92/4.00 LSAT 158 (Jan 22)

Tons of work experience in varying fields and good academic experience, community service. Filled out special facts for disability and family responsibilities throughout undergrad. Talked about why uCalgary in PS and answered other questions. 

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Im so sorry to hear 😞 I hope you get in elsewhere! Were you rejected from the waitlist?

avukatx
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, bubbles123 said:

Im so sorry to hear 😞 I hope you get in elsewhere! Were you rejected from the waitlist?

No worries! I’ve been accepted to uOttawa and can always take a year and rewrite the LSAT if needed so I’m good!

no, I was never waitlisted. I checked my application almost daily and it was just “received” up until today. 

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, avukatx said:

No worries! I’ve been accepted to uOttawa and can always take a year and rewrite the LSAT if needed so I’m good!

no, I was never waitlisted. I checked my application almost daily and it was just “received” up until today. 

Mine still says received, and I was complete Mid January🤦🏽‍♀️

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Red x’d this afternoon. L2 3.5, LSAT (January) 156. Many years of work experience. Bummed but not shocked.

Of the three rejections I’ve received so far, 2 were on a Friday and one on a Saturday. If I ever open a university, I will only reject people on Tuesdays. No sneaky weekend-ruining rejections, lol.

• Hugs 2

eli1234
  • Applicant

Rejected, letter dated the 6th but just saw it today cause I never got an email or anything. L2 3.5 LSAT 161, lots of volunteer work and also full-time work experience with the government, I also completed the special facts essay in the application 

Super bummed but tryna stay hopeful for my other applications! 

sorini21
  • Applicant

Rejected (was on the waitlist) L2 3.65 LSAT 161

pretty disappointed but I have been accepted elsewhere and still have hope for my other applications!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit
On 4/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, eli1234 said:

Rejected, letter dated the 6th but just saw it today cause I never got an email or anything. L2 3.5 LSAT 161, lots of volunteer work and also full-time work experience with the government, I also completed the special facts essay in the application 

Super bummed but tryna stay hopeful for my other applications! 

sorry to hear! Were you on the waitlist?

User456
  • Law School Admit

Rejected, not sure when, but I was on the waitlist and didn’t email to remain on the waitlist (so unsure if I was rejected off the waitlist or that’s the same as being removed) just in case, my stats are 3.85 162, 3 years direct legal field experience, TA a law class, 8 years of full time work experience and good and applicable volunteer/softs. Also wrote the optional essay. Will be going to the u of a. Good luck to everyone reading this! 

existentialdread
  • Law Student
44 minutes ago, sorini21 said:

Rejected (was on the waitlist) L2 3.65 LSAT 161

pretty disappointed but I have been accepted elsewhere and still have hope for my other applications!

Sorry to hear 😞

Just out of curiosity, you confirmed your interest to remain on the waitlist via email right? I was wondering if maybe they are rejecting people today who didn't confirm with them. 

User456
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

Sorry to hear 😞

Just out of curiosity, you confirmed your interest to remain on the waitlist via email right? I was wondering if maybe they are rejecting people today who didn't confirm with them. 

Edited by User456
Thought this was in response to me lol sorry ignore this!

Maibkh
  • Applicant

Posting late, Rejected around April 6

LSAT - 159,158

OLSAS CGPA: around 3.33

Work with the UN, own two businesses. 

eli1234
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, saltshaker111 said:

sorry to hear! Were you on the waitlist?

No I was never on the waitlist! 

sorini21
  • Applicant
21 hours ago, existentialdread said:

Sorry to hear 😞

I never got an email to confirm my interest... 😬 I hope that isn't why I was rejected

SK1373
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, sorini21 said:

I never got an email to confirm my interest... 😬 I hope that isn't why I was rejected

Were you waitlisted first? because only those that were waitlisted got that email