Rejected 2022

user789

jokic
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

Sorry to hear that.

What is your L2 GPA?

maybe .1 or .2 better, my entire undergrad was a bit of a mess and I don't fault any school for not taking the risk. Been 3 years since graduation but still not long enough to be considered mature I believe.

sorini21
  • Applicant
Just now, SK1373 said:

Were you waitlisted first? because only those that were waitlisted got that email 

I was on the waitlist.. I'm not sure if it will matter now but maybe I should email them to check

SK1373
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, sorini21 said:

I was on the waitlist.. I'm not sure if it will matter now but maybe I should email them to check

Oh that's quite odd then...I guess it wouldn't hurt emailing them if you're 100% sure you didn't just miss the email

• Like 1

Ev.91
  • Law School Admit

Rejected this evening from the waitlist 😞

3.8 L2

159 LSAT

8 years work experience, volunteer experience, and special facts. Gotta raise that LSAT

thrill
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, Ev.91 said:

Rejected this evening from the waitlist 😞

3.8 L2

159 LSAT

8 years work experience, volunteer experience, and special facts. Gotta raise that LSAT

you got this! excited to see you at u of c next year

• Thanks 1

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant

rejected today from the waitlist through the portal (no email)

~3.5/6 CGPA, ~3.6/7 L2 

155, 158, 161 LSAT

no full time work experience but decent softs (volunteering at orgs, internships, student governance)

kind of losing hope since i've been rejected from 4/9 schools i've applied to but i guess this is the universe telling me to try again next year.. 

• Sad 1

fruitloops
  • Law School Admit

Rejected yesterday straight from received

3.86ish L2 and 156 LSAT

12 years engineering experience and lots of community work

• Hugs 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

Rejected yesterday was not on the waitlist, I knew it was coming. 

L2:3.9 cgpa: 3.82

lsat: 149 knew it would be my factor I only wrote once, and knew I was taking a leap of faith. 

more than 20 years work experience, decent volunteering, mentor program, student council, three university committees. Mature applicant, did special facts, 90 credit applicant. Good luck all!

14 hours ago, kimseokjinjjang said:

rejected today from the waitlist through the portal (no email)

~3.5/6 CGPA, ~3.6/7 L2 

155, 158, 161 LSAT

no full time work experience but decent softs (volunteering at orgs, internships, student governance)

kind of losing hope since i've been rejected from 4/9 schools i've applied to but i guess this is the universe telling me to try again next year.. 

hang there, get some work experience under your belt and you should be completely fine!!! I know it still stings, but you’ll get there. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Rejected yesterday was not on the waitlist, I knew it was coming. 

L2:3.9 cgpa: 3.82

lsat: 149 knew it would be my factor I only wrote once, and knew I was taking a leap of faith. 

more than 20 years work experience, decent volunteering, mentor program, student council, three university committees. Mature applicant, did special facts, 90 credit applicant. Good luck all!

hang there, get some work experience under your belt and you should be completely fine!!! I know it still stings, but you’ll get there. 

Sorry to hear, but I think you would be a shoo-in candidate if you got that LSAT up! And you’ve only written once, you got this!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

Sorry to hear, but I think you would be a shoo-in candidate if you got that LSAT up! And you’ve only written once, you got this!

Thank you! I totally agree I just couldn’t rewrite for this cycle, but that’s the plan. 

• Like 1

Daybyday_
  • Applicant

Rejected today.

cancel, 156,154,161, 3.5 gpa

four years of legal experience, including an immigration legal intern in Israel. American citizen now living in Canada with Canadian husband. Wrote special facts about getting anxiety diagnosis after three panic attacks during the LSAT.

Hurts a lot but at least it’s a long weekend.

• Hugs 3

On 4/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, jokic said:

maybe .1 or .2 better, my entire undergrad was a bit of a mess and I don't fault any school for not taking the risk. Been 3 years since graduation but still not long enough to be considered mature I believe.

You will be in Manitoba.

Did you apply to TRU in special consideration category?

If you can wait for a couple of years you will have more options.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, Daybyday_ said:

Rejected today.

cancel, 156,154,161, 3.5 gpa

four years of legal experience, including an immigration legal intern in Israel. American citizen now living in Canada with Canadian husband. Wrote special facts about getting anxiety diagnosis after three panic attacks during the LSAT.

Hurts a lot but at least it’s a long weekend.

Is 3.5 your L2 or CGPA?

diggity
  • Applicant

Was on the waitlist and now suddenly rejected. Is that normal? I mean, I thought I wouldn't be rejected until summer when everything was firmed up. 
Uff. I'm glad I'm accepted elsewhere but was still holding out for U of C. Rejection hurts😅

Ital
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, diggity said:

Was on the waitlist and now suddenly rejected. Is that normal? I mean, I thought I wouldn't be rejected until summer when everything was firmed up. 
Uff. I'm glad I'm accepted elsewhere but was still holding out for U of C. Rejection hurts😅

I would say that it is not abnormal. Several applicants have posted that they were rejected off the waitlist in the last two weeks. UCalgary seems to be making decisions on the waitlisted applicants (only rejections have been posted, so I imagine they have not accepted off the waitlist yet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bubbles123
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, diggity said:

do you mind me asking what your stats were?

diggity
  • Applicant

3.4 and 166 (applied in discretionary category due to trauma that impacted my gpa).

10yrs+ work and lots of volunteer/activism.

I was rejected off the waitlist as well on Weds April 13. L2 = 3.97 and 160 LSAT. Super disappointing as UofC was my first choice and would've allowed me to stay with my family. Luckily though I was accepted to UofA and will be going there instead. 

• Like 1

SubpoenaColada
  • Law School Admit

Rejected about two weeks ago, had to let the sting dull before posting lol. L2 3.75, LSAT 158. Honours degree, two publications, worked full time in a law firm for the last year, lots of volunteer experience. 

Also got rejected from UAlberta today. Still hoping to hear from TRU or USask soon but losing faith. 

• Hugs 1

jokic
  • Law Student
On 4/18/2022 at 8:10 AM, NowOrNever said:

You will be in Manitoba.

Did you apply to TRU in special consideration category?

If you can wait for a couple of years you will have more options.

I didn't apply to TRU because it was a lot more expensive, same reason I didn't apply to a single Ontario school. I think I'd rather start at Manitoba this year than anywhere else in 2 years tbh.

• Like 1

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

Rejected weeks back but just posting now. Calgary L2: roughly 3.5 LSAT: 161

Strong holistic application otherwise + wrote the special facts section. 

• 3 weeks later...