Here to answer any questions!

Kothh
  • Law Student

Current 2L, feel free to ask me any questions you have about the school and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability!

*** Note: the "Chance me" questions are a little hard to answer as your application really depends on a whole lot of things not just summary stats. If you are waiting for an acceptance I'd just sit tight and direct any other questions you have to the admissions team directly! 

Sundin13
  • Applicant

Current applicant to Ryerson, just wondering if a 152 LSAT is too low for holding out any hope at all? B20 is a 4.0 and cGPA is 3.75. I know it’s kind of like a “chance” question but just trying to gauge if the LSAT is just too low for Ryerson standards or could a strong overall application still keep me in contention even with such an LSAT score?  Thanks!!

mj1995
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

Current applicant to Ryerson, just wondering if a 152 LSAT is too low for holding out any hope at all? B20 is a 4.0 and cGPA is 3.75. I know it’s kind of like a “chance” question but just trying to gauge if the LSAT is just too low for Ryerson standards or could a strong overall application still keep me in contention even with such an LSAT score?  Thanks!!

Hey! I think for Ryerson (imo) it is holistic in your experience you have an amazing gpa. I got in with a 4.0/162 but this thread has applicants form all over on here. I think they actually do care on your background? I think I only got in because of my extensive experience in tech did you write about it in yours PS? Did you focus on what they have to offer? Best of luck ! 

OP is right, your application really does depend on a lot of things so just your LSAT/GPA is subjective. 

Summa Cum Laude
  • Applicant

What does the 1L typical schedule look like? are classes five days a week or can you choose your schedule?

Sundin13
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, mj1995 said:

Hey! I think for Ryerson (imo) it is holistic in your experience you have an amazing gpa. I got in with a 4.0/162 but this thread has applicants form all over on here. I think they actually do care on your background? I think I only got in because of my extensive experience in tech did you write about it in yours PS? Did you focus on what they have to offer? Best of luck ! 

OP is right, your application really does depend on a lot of things so just your LSAT/GPA is subjective. 

I did focus a lot throughout the PS on my bachelors in IT & my work placements at tech firms along with extracurriculars involving tech/politics. Hoping for the best 🙂 

• Like 1

Kothh
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, Sundin13 said:

Like others have mentioned - the band is pretty wide. I know people who got in with similar-ish LSAT scores and those that scored in the high 160s and low 170s. It really depends on your experience - for instance if you've been working in a field for many years your scores and GPA probably matter less than someone who just graduated. If this cycle doesnt work out, strengthening your application overall with good unique experiences is just as important as upping the scores!  Hope this helps. 

13 hours ago, 2JZGTE said:

What does the 1L typical schedule look like? are classes five days a week or can you choose your schedule?

The 1L schedule is set based on your "section". Since all of the classes are mandatory in 1L (I believe this is the case across most/if not all schools for 1L) it really depends on the incoming class size. You can expect 5 days a week, but there have been cases where you may have friday or monday off. 

• Like 1

SDBP
  • Applicant

Hi there, 

Thanks for starting this thread! How much on average do books/ course materials cost per year? Also, are there additional fees for the work placement/ clinics, or do you just pay standard tuition for that term? 

18 hours ago, Kothh said:

Current 2L, feel free to ask me any questions you have about the school and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability!

*** Note: the "Chance me" questions are a little hard to answer as your application really depends on a whole lot of things not just summary stats. If you are waiting for an acceptance I'd just sit tight and direct any other questions you have to the admissions team directly! 

Kothh
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, SDBP said:

Hi there, 

Thanks for starting this thread! How much on average do books/ course materials cost per year? Also, are there additional fees for the work placement/ clinics, or do you just pay standard tuition for that term? 

No problem - happy to help anyone out especially since our community is new and growing 🙂  Books and other materials probably ran me around $700/semester (but in all honestly some you dont need to buy).  No additional fees for placements etc - just regular tuition. In fact, depending on your type of placement and where you do it, some are paid + there are awards and bursaries for the unpaid positions. Of course, not everyone will be in that position but if you view it like you would have just paid tuition for school anyways its a pleasant surprise. 

Kothh
  • Law Student
12 hours ago, ally said:

Hi! Is there a designated law building/library at Ryerson yet? 

We're currently located in the Podium building on campus - but there are plans already for a permanent space in the future. Our embedded library is in the same space! 

• Like 1

Summa Cum Laude
  • Applicant
On 2/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, Kothh said:

Like others have mentioned - the band is pretty wide. I know people who got in with similar-ish LSAT scores and those that scored in the high 160s and low 170s. It really depends on your experience - for instance if you've been working in a field for many years your scores and GPA probably matter less than someone who just graduated. If this cycle doesnt work out, strengthening your application overall with good unique experiences is just as important as upping the scores!  Hope this helps. 

The 1L schedule is set based on your "section". Since all of the classes are mandatory in 1L (I believe this is the case across most/if not all schools for 1L) it really depends on the incoming class size. You can expect 5 days a week, but there have been cases where you may have friday or monday off. 

Thanks! also how's the workload in general? I know everyone's different and it takes some more time to process things but throughout your time what have you seen in general with students in terms of studying hours on a weekly basis? Do you get time to maybe work part time? Have you worked part time throughout your 1L/2L or just the summer? 

tiktok
  • Law Student

Do you regret choosing ryerson? What are the job prospects like for people aiming either for big law  or government jobs? Do you find the coding/entrepreneur mandatory courses useful?

Edited by tiktok
  • Like 1

JOATJD
  • Law Student
On 2/27/2022 at 2:21 PM, 2JZGTE said:

Thanks! also how's the workload in general? I know everyone's different and it takes some more time to process things but throughout your time what have you seen in general with students in terms of studying hours on a weekly basis? Do you get time to maybe work part time? Have you worked part time throughout your 1L/2L or just the summer? 

1L curriculum is rigorous and it is tough to manage part-time job. I have worked part-time on the weekend, however, I regret it and it is not worth it. All to say, do-able, but shouldn't. 

Judging by your alias, I'm going to guess you are a car guy!  

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit

How many clinics are there available for family/criminal law? 

• 1 month later...
Lulu_spector
  • Law School Admit
On 2/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, Kothh said:

Is there any chance you can DM me your 1L Schedule? I need to see & get a clear idea of the hours involved. Is it 8AM until 6PM Monday to Friday?? Please can you paint a more detailed picture of what the 5 days will resemble in terms of time and lack of flexibility? 😂 I have a baby so trying to get a grasp of the reality of balancing law school & Motherhood. 

• 2 months later...
SabaE
  • Applicant

I know it might seems stupid , but can you explain what is RAMSS? I want to apply for the 2023 Im international from outside US and Canada