Chance Lincoln Alexander

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, 

Lincoln Alexander is a school i'd definitely consider going to as I admire their integrated practice program, and believe I have the stats. I haven't heard anything yet and it's been really discouraging. I'd appreciate some insights

cGPA: 3.5, Ryerson B20: 3.8+, LSAT: 160 -- keep in mind, i'm still an undergrad (UofT life science so i'm sure you can understand my gpa on that basis alone, lol). My cGPA will rise to 3.6 by the time I graduate, with my L2/B2 and Ryerson B20 rising to 3.9+ 

Decent ECAs i'd say -- lots of campus involvement (such as orientation, executive council member on student union, undergraduate research student), community volunteering (including the 2021 federal election), work experience as a work study student at school and 4 years of retail. 

My interview didn't go horribly, but not great either -- which is a general consensus i've seen A LOT on here, so not sure how that will factor into their decision. The interview was definitely a time pressure. 

My personal statements were really geared towards their program, touching on all their pillars, as asked, so i'm just really hoping for something

Thanks!

• Hugs 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
Just now, mj1995 said:

I got in with almost the exact same stats as you 4.0/162 my interview was trash lol I think you have a good shot !

Thanks for your reassurance. Waiting has been truly agonizing and i've lost all motivation to continue my schoolwork LOL.

Great stats btw. Will you be accepting?

• Like 1

mj1995
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, uoftearsalumna said:

Thanks for your reassurance. Waiting has been truly agonizing and i've lost all motivation to continue my schoolwork LOL.

Great stats btw. Will you be accepting?

I don't think so I am holding out for UofA, UofC or Dal 

mj1995
  • Applicant

Thanks! you have awesome stats yourself

totally feel the tired / lack of motivation I finished an entire second undergraduate degree in one year just so I could have a 4.0 

You may want to keep in mind they only take classes up until Dec 31 just a heads up ! 

Edited by mj1995

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, mj1995 said:

Thanks! you have awesome stats yourself

totally feel the tired / lack of motivation I finished an entire second undergraduate degree in one year just so I could have a 4.0 

You may want to keep in mind they only take classes up until Dec 31 just a heads up ! 

So they dont accept transcripts sent in january? I sent my fall 2021 grades in early january and they were really stellar (4.0gpa). 

mj1995
  • Applicant

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-ryerson/#:~:text=We do not set a,are not required unless requested.

"We calculate your GPA using the courses you completed by the end of the summer term in the year you apply. We do not recalculate it using the courses you completed during the admission cycle. Updated transcripts are not required unless requested."

You may want to contact them and ask but I don't think your Jan courses will count 

you may also want to look into the other schools you applied for, some schools only consider until Dec 31. They only take your grades afterwards to make sure there are no major discrepancies for tentative admissions. 

Edited by mj1995

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
11 minutes ago, mj1995 said:

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-ryerson/#:~:text=We do not set a,are not required unless requested.

"We calculate your GPA using the courses you completed by the end of the summer term in the year you apply. We do not recalculate it using the courses you completed during the admission cycle. Updated transcripts are not required unless requested."

You may want to contact them and ask but I don't think your Jan courses will count 

you may also want to look into the other schools you applied for, some schools only consider until Dec 31. They only take your grades afterwards to make sure there are no major discrepancies for tentative admissions. 

makes sense. well, my ryerson B20 is 3.8 on the dot. hope that's still competitive coupled with my LSAT  

Edited by uoftearsalumna
  • Like 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
Just now, mj1995 said:

It should be! Let me know how it goes 🙂 

Thanks for all your feedback. Really appreciate it

• Like 1