Accepted but no email

sweetiepie37974

sweetiepie37974
  • Applicant

I checked my portal on January 12 to find my acceptance letter, but I have still not received any email from UofC since the initial “You hit submit, now what?” email from December 13…

My main concern is if I’ve missed any emails about info sessions, etc. Has anyone whose been accepted receive a notification email, or any emails since their acceptance??

Me and alot of other people never received an email. All the info you need is in your acceptance letter 🙂

• Thanks 1

LegallyBlonde19
  • Applicant

Has anyone who accepted their offer started receiving emails about scholarships or anything?

rinse-repeat
  • Law Student

Was just accepted today (but I haven't accepted the offer yet)..by acceptance letter, do you mean the congratulations message that shows up on the portal in Status under admission decision? Or does an actual letter show up at some point? I also have not received any emails regarding the acceptance, just the portal.

Edited by rinse-repeat

sweetiepie37974
  • Applicant
34 minutes ago, rinse-repeat said:

Was just accepted today (but I haven't accepted the offer yet)..by acceptance letter, do you mean the congratulations message that shows up on the portal in Status under admission decision? Or does an actual letter show up at some point? I also have not received any emails regarding the acceptance, just the portal.

A day or two after my portal changed to "Accepted" or the green check mark, a link appeared between "Fall 2022" and "Accept/Decline" called "Letter", which opens up an actual admittance letter from the university with info re deposit and deadlines😊

38 minutes ago, LegallyBlonde19 said:

Has anyone who accepted their offer started receiving emails about scholarships or anything?

As far as I'm aware, everyone whose been accepted is considered for entrance scholarships, and the results of those will be sent out before the acceptance/depost deadline (their website states "no later than March 31st). The rest of the scholarships are open, as I believe they officially opened on Feb 1. I believe most of them are a one-application-for-many-scholarships thing, but the deadline for those is May 1st (unless specified otherwise). They do say on the website that they encourage all students who have received an offer, or are on the waitlist, to apply to these scholarships, so it seems that you don't have to have accepted your offer to apply! 

Edited by sweetiepie37974
I am living in the past... 2022 NOT 2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1