Chances + Special Applicant Updates.

StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam
  • Applicant

Has anyone that applied under the special applicant category heard back yet? Additionally, I’m wondering what my chances maybe: b2: 78.5% LSAT 162 and strong sask connection (I went to high school in sask, and currently work here as well).

• 2 weeks later...
LegallyTired
  • Law Student
On 3/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, StrawberryJam said:

Has anyone that applied under the special applicant category heard back yet? Additionally, I’m wondering what my chances maybe: b2: 78.5% LSAT 162 and strong sask connection (I went to high school in sask, and currently work here as well).

Your chances are good. Special applicants usually hear back in late April/May

On 3/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, StrawberryJam said:

I have almost exactly same stats as you and applied special( English as second language, immigration interrupted my undergrad), B2 78.5%  LSAT 163, no sask connection, finger crossed! 

existentialdread
  • Law Student

Hey guys--maybe a dumb Q but just curious if this means anything...

I saw on my portal that my referees changed from "completed" to "approved". Does that mean they've started to look at my application and have  "approved" my references? 

I just thought it was kind of weird but I don't remember it saying "approved" ever. 

Edited by existentialdread
words are hard

user789
  • Law Student
On 3/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, existentialdread said:

I just thought it was kind of weird but I don't remember it saying "approved" ever

I remember noticing that as well. I would imagine it means they checked over the reference letters to make sure they were legitimate or something alone those lines. I was tempted to email them and ask what it meant but I know they are already super busy. 

hopefulapplicant
  • Law School Admit
On 3/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, existentialdread said:

Hey guys--maybe a dumb Q but just curious if this means anything...

I saw on my portal that my referees changed from "completed" to "approved". Does that mean they've started to look at my application and have  "approved" my references? 

I just thought it was kind of weird but I don't remember it saying "approved" ever. 

Mine changed to approved over a month ago and I’m still waiting. Thanks for asking the question because I was wondering the same thing