anyone else bout to lose dey mind

elle.woods
  • Law Student

I am 100% with you. I have been (probably to an unhealthy extent) obsessively checking this forum, my email, my junk folder, my application portal... 

• Like 4

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Keep in mind this cycle is slower. I think we'll start to see some offers coming out in a few weeks.

• Like 1

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

I'm with you, it's painful not knowing if I will be in LSAT prison for another summer in a row. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Losing it. And still on the fence about whether to rewrite the LSAT for the zillionth time with the hopes that it might effect my (eventual) waitlist standing.

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Has anyone reached out to admissions recently and have any insight on when the next wave is? 

sunbeam
  • Applicant
37 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

Has anyone reached out to admissions recently and have any insight on when the next wave is? 

I just called to ask when I might hear back since last time I called they said probably March--they just told me late April early May. 😭 I'm gonna just walk into the sea and never return i think

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
38 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

I have. No idea when the next wave is communication-wise but everything has been decided. I have a bit more info, but better shared in DM.

• Like 1

elle.woods
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, sunbeam said:

I just called to ask when I might hear back since last time I called they said probably March--they just told me late April early May. 😭 I'm gonna just walk into the sea and never return i think

Wait - they aren't sending out anything else to anyone until late April??? 

sunbeam
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, elle.woods said:

Wait - they aren't sending out anything else to anyone until late April??? 

i don't know about anyone else, that's just what they told me!

3 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

I have. No idea when the next wave is communication-wise but everything has been decided. I have a bit more info, but better shared in DM.

wait, everything has been decided? like decisions made? cause when i called i asked if they could tell me my chances and she was really cagey and told me to accept other offers since they can't guarantee anything so that's not looking good for me

elle.woods
  • Law Student
Just now, sunbeam said:

I am about to have a mental breakdown lol. This cycle is killing me. Luckily I have UVic as a backup plan but I want to get into UBC so, so badly. 

sunbeam
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

I am about to have a mental breakdown lol. This cycle is killing me. Luckily I have UVic as a backup plan but I want to get into UBC so, so badly. 

biiiiiiig same on the mental breakdown!! im still waiting to hear from uvic but i'd be happy with either at this point, the waiting is the worst part

Patient0L
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, sunbeam said:

wait, everything has been decided? like decisions made? cause when i called i asked if they could tell me my chances and she was really cagey and told me to accept other offers since they can't guarantee anything so that's not looking good for me

I got the info that everything has been decided. Looking at the acceptance thread, however, would indicate that these decisions haven't yet been communicated.

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Looking at the acceptance thread, however, would indicate that these decisions haven't yet been communicated.

True. Only about 40 acceptances so far on that thread. Unless the majority of people who got accepted choose to remain silent, I think they have a lot more offers to send out.

• Like 3

elle.woods
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

True. Only about 40 acceptances so far on that thread. Unless the majority of people who got accepted choose to remain silent, I think they have a lot more offers to send out.

Yeah, I'm trying to remain optimistic that offers have yet to be sent out. Just doesn't quite make proportional sense that UVic's 'Accepted' thread has almost double the amount of responses in comparison to UBC's yet they have half the amount of seats. 

mjslava
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

Yeah, I'm trying to remain optimistic that offers have yet to be sent out. Just doesn't quite make proportional sense that UVic's 'Accepted' thread has almost double the amount of responses in comparison to UBC's yet they have half the amount of seats. 

There’s just a lot of chatter in there. I counted 46 offers of admission in UVIC’s thread and about 6 or 8 of those were discretionary and a few declined. 

elle.woods
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, mjslava said:

There’s just a lot of chatter in there. I counted 46 offers of admission in UVIC’s thread and about 6 or 8 of those were discretionary and a few declined. 

Ah - I didn't look through it all too closely. I just counted UBC's and there are 32 offers (including a few discretionary). So I guess its a little closer in number than I thought. 

simsalabim
  • Law School Admit
16 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

Ah - I didn't look through it all too closely. I just counted UBC's and there are 32 offers (including a few discretionary). So I guess its a little closer in number than I thought. 

Allard's first year class size is almost twice the size of UVic's though (200 vs. 110)!   

abouttime
  • Law School Admit

Emailed the admissions team and they said I can expect to hear an update in April. I think they are not doing offers till then because they recommended to accept my other offer as it would not impact a possible offer from UBC. 

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Does anyone know when current offers expire? I thought it was March 1, but maybe some are March 31 or April 1, and that is why they are saying to expect movement in April?

Moms_Spaghetti
  • Law Student
36 minutes ago, abouttime said:

Emailed the admissions team and they said I can expect to hear an update in April. I think they are not doing offers till then because they recommended to accept my other offer as it would not impact a possible offer from UBC. 

32 minutes ago, elle.woods said:

Does anyone know when current offers expire? I thought it was March 1, but maybe some are March 31 or April 1, and that is why they are saying to expect movement in April?

I got my offer yesterday, and I have until April 4th to accept

elle.woods
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Moms_Spaghetti said:

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

abouttime
  • Law School Admit
7 minutes ago, Moms_Spaghetti said:

Oh maybe that was their way of saying I'm not being considered in this round! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

I'd also like to add that UBC has 300+ offers to make, somewhere close to UofT. If anyone looks at UofT's acceptance thread, they'll find almost twice the data points as UBC's. Because UofT still has one round of offers to make, UBC clearly hasn't emailed out at least dozens of acceptances yet.

• Like 1