Status change to, "Still being considered."

ABBY98

ABBY98
  • Applicant

Hey everyone! 

I just checked the portal today and I noticed that the status has changed to, "your application is still being considered," as opposed to "your application has been received." Is anyone else experiencing this status change? I know people have begun to get rejected, so I was wondering if it's just the school letting me know I haven't been rejected yet. 

Thank you! 

fettuccinealfredo
  • Law Student

Just checked and mine still says "Your application has been received".  Not sure which one of us (if either!) should be stressed hahaha

AardvaarkLaw
  • Applicant

Mine now also says “still being considered” guess it’s just their way of letting us know they have in fact looked over our applications

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit

I read another post that said the message changes to "Your application is still being considered" once you accept an offer from another school.

(Have you accepted another offer? I actually have so I assumed that's why my status changed, but if you haven't then I'm curious to know the answer to this as well.)

Edited by saltshaker111
spelling

2 minutes ago, saltshaker111 said:

I read another post that said the message changes to "Your application is still being considered" once you accept an offer from another school.

(Have you accepted another offer? I actually have so I assumed that's why my status changed, but if you haven't then I'm curious to know the answer to this as well.)

Hmm where was this other post? From what I understand for U of C, they don’t know if you’ve accepted another offer. It’s discussed in one of their admissions videos—they can know general things from other schools, but not specific applicant info. 

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Abc321 said:

Hmm where was this other post? From what I understand for U of C, they don’t know if you’ve accepted another offer. It’s discussed in one of their admissions videos—they can know general things from other schools, but not specific applicant info. 

Shoot I just checked and it was the U Windsor page (I thought the search only brought up posts in the forum you're currently in...)

In that case, I have no clue and would also like to know. Sorry!

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
37 minutes ago, ABBY98 said:

Hey everyone! 

I just checked the portal today and I noticed that the status has changed to, "your application is still being considered," as opposed to "your application has been received." Is anyone else experiencing this status change? I know people have begun to get rejected, so I was wondering if it's just the school letting me know I haven't been rejected yet. 

Thank you! 

This may not help as I have no words of wisdom! But, if it were me I would just be happy that something happened. Lol. I completed January 19th and have heard nothing! Don’t think negative, I would think if it were me that maybe they have finally reached me and it’s my turn. Lol. But that’s just me. I don’t think it indicates either or. 

displaynamerequired
  • Law School Admit

Mine also changed to "still being considered" today! Hopefully that means we will get an answer soon!! 

existentialdread
  • Law Student

Mine also changed to this today. Shall we share stats?

L2: 3.6

LSAT: 163

Lots of work experience in legal for my age (late 20s), worked all through undergrad. 

I'm about to lose my damn mind 🤪

displaynamerequired
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, existentialdread said:

L2: 3.6

LSAT: 163

Lots of work experience in legal for my age (late 20s), worked all through undergrad. 

I'm about to lose my damn mind 🤪

my l2 is 3.8 and LSAT 163! I don't have any law related work experience but have a couple years of work experience in a management position, worked for most of undergrad, and have some law-adjacent volunteer experience. i hope you hear back soon with good news!! 

Sigh. Mine is still sitting at application received. Was complete Jan 21.

I’m a mature student, 9 years work experience, L2 3.64, LSAT 157. I also submitted the Special Facts statement (worked full-time/parenting during undergrad).

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit
22 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

LSAT: 162

L2: 3.7-3.8 probably, not sure since most of it was completed after undergrad

early 30s, worked all through undergrad, research assistant work, newspaper experience, currently in a master's, submitted special facts

Good luck y'all!

Edited by saltshaker111

rb_71
  • Law School Admit

Mine has changed to this as well. I'm assuming it means they have now looked at the app and are still deciding?

LSAT: 162

L2: 3.87

BSc honours, MSc, numerous scholarships/awards, decent volunteer and work experience

Edited by rb_71

existentialdread
  • Law Student

The fact that everyone in this thread is a superstar with great stats and work experience makes me even more sweaty. 

Fingers crossed for us all 💖

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

AardvaarkLaw
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, existentialdread said:

The fact that everyone in this thread is a superstar with great stats and work experience makes me even more sweaty. 

Mine changed too! 

3.94-3.96 and 160

Not much work experience/extracurriculars 

mud24
  • Law School Admit

Mine changed as well. 

L2: 3.85/4

LSAT: 160 

Last year of undergrad, law related internships, extracurricular activities

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

I feel you, I have an exceptional GPA and L2, over 20 years work experience, mature applicant, submitted the diversity statement, tons of EC and volunteering, including leadership seminars and mentoring first years….but my LSAT will hurt me for sure! But I’m staying hopeful. I’ve applied to three and am still waiting on all three, but that also tells me I’m still in there somewhere! I may not have answers, but I don’t have a rejection either! Hang in there

ABBY98
  • Applicant

Thanks everyone!

My stats are cGPA: 3.91 L2: 3.96 (Ontario grades, not entirely sure what it converts to in Calgary). My LSAT is 160 (Jan 2022). 

I'm currently in a Master's program at Queen's University and my GPA for that is 4.0 (I know it doesn't count towards GPA calculation, but I do this its a positive factor). 

I worked in a law firm during 2 summers of my undergrad as well as volunteered for 2/4 years of my undergrad on campus. 

lollins
  • Applicant

My status also changed to "still being considered" today!

My stats are cGPA: 3.5, L2: 3.75, and my LSAT is 163 (August 2020).

Worked throughout my undergrad and worked summers with the Coast Guard.

User456
  • Law School Admit

Mine changed as well. 3.85 162. I have three years of direct law firm experience, legal studies degree, legal assistant diploma, quite a bit of volunteer experience and a long work history. I submitted a special facts and application went complete December 6th. 

fettuccinealfredo
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, existentialdread said:

(To recap, my portal still says "received", not "still being considered".)

3.5 L2 and 163 GPA with 1.5 years of work experience in a law firm, and a couple years more experience in non-legal fields. I worked PT and FT during undergrad, and also as a non-degree student. I have some unique extra-curriculars and a bit of volunteer experience, and I submitted a Statement of Diversity with my application. However, I submitted my application very late in the cycle and they had to wait for my Fall 2021 grades. 

Jode_13
  • Applicant

Just noticed my status also changed to "still being considered" - but I had an attached letter letting me know I've been placed on the waitlist. So not sure if the status change indicates being placed on the waitlist or if it was just coincidence for me. 

3.63 L2 and 164 LSAT

Not much volunteer experience but decent work experience as well as some overseas internships during my undergrad 

Edited by Jode_13

AardvaarkLaw
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, Jode_13 said:

Just noticed my status also changed to "still being considered" - but I had an attached letter letting me know I've been placed on the waitlist. So not sure if the status change indicates being placed on the waitlist or if it was just coincidence for me. 

3.63 L2 and 164 LSAT

Not much volunteer experience but decent work experience as well as some overseas internships during my undergrad 

Just wanted to add that I checked again and also found a letter letting me know im waitlisted

ABBY98
  • Applicant

Hey everyone!

Just checked again and now there is a letter; I was waitlisted as well. 

Goodluck!

User456
  • Law School Admit

I also got a letter but can’t open it on my phone, assuming I’m also waitlisted!