Waitlisted 2022

AardvaarkLaw

SK1373
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, angryturtle said:

If you were not waitlisted, is it safe to assume you’re probably going to get rejection letter soon

Are you saying this based on personal experience??? 

23 minutes ago, SK1373 said:

Are you saying this based on personal experience??? 

They were asking a question. They said "is it" not "it is"

SK1373
  • Applicant
11 minutes ago, qsizzle said:

They were asking a question. They said "is it" not "it is"

Oh shoot, you’re right! It’s my bad for reading it over too quickly...thanks for clarifying that. 

• Hugs 1

CipherEvice
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, angryturtle said:

If you were not waitlisted, is it safe to assume you’re probably going to get rejection letter soon

You could speculate, but really, unless you are part of the UoC law admissions committee, it'd be impossible to know

• Like 1

allrise97
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, angryturtle said:

my stats are higher than yours and I haven't been waitlisted, does that mean I should panic?

FreeDaGuys
  • Applicant

Read the letter today - waitlisted.

LSAT: 162 (1 take) L2: 3.84. Graduated in 2021, lots of ECs and I'm a business owner. 

Really not sure how to feel about being waitlisted 😕 Do you guys think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
24 minutes ago, FreeDaGuys said:

LSAT: 162 (1 take) L2: 3.84. Graduated in 2021, lots of ECs and I'm a business owner. 

Really not sure how to feel about being waitlisted 😕 Do you guys think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

Better than rejected in my view. 

• Like 2

Lawhpefl10
  • Law School Admit
20 minutes ago, FreeDaGuys said:

It seems to not be too bad of a thing. Based on this forum and past waitlist forums it is not an enormous number of people that are placed on the waitlist. It also seems to be multiple rounds of waitlist waves in the past, hence I would say being waitlisted in the first wave is not a bad thing.

Do we have a higher chance or are looked at more favourably as spots open up? I do not think anyone could answer this question that isn't on the admissions committee. However, I do think anyone waitlisted should be proud of themselves. There are over 1000 applicants to U of C every year and they accept roughly 10% of those applicants. Even if they waitlisted an absurd number of people (I'm talking in the over 100 range) you would still be in the top applicants for consideration/acceptance in the eyes of the admission committee. So, although it may not be the acceptance we all want I believe it is still something you can hold your head high over.

• Like 3

existentialdread
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, FreeDaGuys said:

I creeped one of the old threads to see how many people posted about getting off the waitlist/how many people are waitlisted. My sparknotes on the matter:

2021 - First couple waitlist posts hit around Feb 25 then a bunch early-mid march. Another waitlist wave appeared to happen in April, and then again in early May. Obviously last year was crazy but I don't think many people got off of it considering how competitive it was. I don't actually see any posts in the acceptance thread of people saying they got in off the waitlist. 

2020 (prob a more accurate year to look at) - Waitlist started with a January wave, February wave, mid march wave, and then some posts throughout April. A handful of people posted about getting off the waitlist in late Feb, another chunk of people of people again in mid-april, a couple more in late may, and a couple more in late July. 

I think it's impossible for anyone to really comment too much on our chances. Obviously better than a rejection, worse than acceptance. U of C is my top choice and I think i'll be pretty sad if it doesn't happen for me this year (3rd time applicant), but I am trying to temper my expectations. I did write the Jan LSAT so I know my application would be one of the last to go complete, with the exception of someone who is maybe waiting on a fall transcript to be delivered. I have the assumption that they have looked through everyone, or almost everyone, at this stage. 

Ultimately, it's hard to know when we have no clue how many people are on the waitlist at any given time or how they decide who gets an offer when a seat frees up. 

Edited by existentialdread
more info
  • Like 1

Lawhpefl10
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, existentialdread said:

I creeped one of the old threads to see how many people posted about getting off the waitlist/how many people are waitlisted. My sparknotes on the matter:

2021 - First couple waitlist posts hit around Feb 25 then a bunch early-mid march. Another waitlist wave appeared to happen in April, and then again in early May. Obviously last year was crazy but I don't think many people got off of it considering how competitive it was. I don't actually see any posts in the acceptance thread of people saying they got in off the waitlist. 

2020 (prob a more accurate year to look at) - Waitlist started with a January wave, February wave, mid march wave, and then some posts throughout April. A handful of people posted about getting off the waitlist in late Feb, another chunk of people of people again in mid-april, a couple more in late may, and a couple more in late July. 

I think it's impossible for anyone to really comment too much on our chances. Obviously better than a rejection, worse than acceptance. U of C is my top choice and I think i'll be pretty sad if it doesn't happen for me this year (3rd time applicant), but I am trying to temper my expectations. I did write the Jan LSAT so I know my application would be one of the last to go complete, with the exception of someone who is maybe waiting on a fall transcript to be delivered. I have the assumption that they have looked through everyone, or almost everyone, at this stage. 

Ultimately, it's hard to know when we have no clue how many people are on the waitlist at any given time or how they decide who gets an offer when a seat frees up. 

Out of curiosity how many people roughly got in off of the waitlist in 2020? Would around 15 be a good estimate based off of what you saw in the data?

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, FreeDaGuys said:

@FreeDaGuysWow. These are good numbers! I'm confident you'll get in. 🙂

Toast Viking
  • Law Student

Waitlisted on March 9th. 

L2: 3.84

LSAT: 161 (one write)

Good ECs and LORs in my opinion. Out of province candidate.

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
22 hours ago, existentialdread said:

I have also looked at the previous acceptances/waitlists in the UofC thread. I counted 14 individuals in 2020 who were accepted off of the waitlist that posted on the forum. Let's hope this cycle is similar to 2020 🙂

• Like 1

FreeDaGuys
  • Applicant
On 3/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, FreeDaGuys said:

Update: about an hour after this post, I got an acceptance letter from UofA! I'll be declining the UofC waitlist and I hope one of you guys snags my spot instead :))) Stay positive guys, we're all going through the same painful n nerve-racking waiting process - ur not alone 💚

Don't lose confidence!!

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, FreeDaGuys said:

Update: about an hour after this post, I got an acceptance letter from UofA! I'll be declining the UofC waitlist and I hope one of you guys snags my spot instead :))) Stay positive guys, we're all going through the same painful n nerve-racking waiting process - ur not alone 💚

Don't lose confidence!!

So happy for you! Congratulations 

• Like 2

User456
  • Law School Admit

Figured I would post my stats here in case it helps anyone else, I was waitlisted early March, 8th maybe? 

L2: 3.85

lsat: 162

3 years of direct legal experience, good extra curricular’s including TAing a 2L/3L course for 3 years, long work history. Also wrote the special facts essay. Kind of surprised honestly! 

I’ll be removing myself from the waitlist, I accepted a spot at the u of a at the beginning of the month. I loved u of c’s program and that they are hollistic but I live in edmonton and won’t risk waiting.

Best of luck everyone!! 

• Like 2

User456
  • Law School Admit
6 minutes ago, User456 said:

Figured I would post my stats here in case it helps anyone else, I was waitlisted early March, 8th maybe? 

L2: 3.85

lsat: 162

3 years of direct legal experience, good extra curricular’s including TAing a 2L/3L course for 3 years, long work history. Also wrote the special facts essay. Kind of surprised honestly! 

I’ll be removing myself from the waitlist, I accepted a spot at the u of a at the beginning of the month. I loved u of c’s program and that they are hollistic but I live in edmonton and won’t risk waiting.

Best of luck everyone!! 

Will also add, my app went complete dec 8 and I graduated last April and wrote the nov lsat, so it took forever (in my opinion) to be waitlisted, over 3 months lol. 

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
17 minutes ago, User456 said:

Will also add, my app went complete dec 8 and I graduated last April and wrote the nov lsat, so it took forever (in my opinion) to be waitlisted, over 3 months lol. 

Congrats on U of A! Huge accomplishment! 

• Like 1

User456
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Congrats on U of A! Huge accomplishment! 

Thank you!

Leah
  • Applicant

Waitlisted March 15

LSAT: 160

L2: 3.83

dunno how I feel about being waitlisted. U of C is my first choice especially since I don’t want to move. I guess fingers crossed at this point. 

• Like 1

bgormo
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, Leah said:

Waitlisted March 15

LSAT: 160

L2: 3.83

dunno how I feel about being waitlisted. U of C is my first choice especially since I don’t want to move. I guess fingers crossed at this point. 

You and I have the exact same stats! When did you apply? Also, have you gotten into any other schools?

Hopefully we will be classmates come September 🙂

• Thanks 1

Leah
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, bgormo said:

You and I have the exact same stats! When did you apply? Also, have you gotten into any other schools?

Hopefully we will be classmates come September 🙂

I applied December 1st. Pretty late but I was stressing over everything being perfect gah! I haven’t heard back from any other schools so it’s stressing me out even more. I really hope we are classmates in September 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

• Hugs 1