Waitlisted 2022

AardvaarkLaw

existentialdread
  • Law Student
38 minutes ago, Lawhopeful444 said:

The email saying there is a large amount of waitlisted candidates kind of worries me

Even tho I like all of y'all and I want to be collegial...I will fight all of you gladiator style if that's what I gotta do to get a seat. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3

Lawhopeful444
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

Even tho I like all of y'all and I want to be collegial...I will fight all of you gladiator style if that's what I gotta do to get a seat. 

LMFAO I LOVE YOU BUT SAME

• LOL 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
14 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

Agreed! Lmao

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Lucky54 said:

I haven’t been rejected or waitlisted. Anyone have any idea of what that means? 

I haven’t either, there is quite a few of us still sitting on “received”. Your not alone! And we are calling it black magic at this point. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, existentialdread said:

I guess that's one way to move things along administratively. 

• LOL 1

rb_71
  • Law School Admit

Anyone else think they asked to confirm waitlist spot so they could start movement on the waitlist this upcoming week?! A man can hope 👀

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

Anyone else think they asked to confirm waitlist spot so they could start movement on the waitlist this upcoming week?! A man can hope 👀

God I don’t know, but I’m hoping they are doing something! I’m still sitting on received and I went complete mid January. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Sad 1

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

God I don’t know, but I’m hoping they are doing something! I’m still sitting on received and I went complete mid January. 🤦🏽‍♀️

It seems that for the 'received' folks could go either way. Seen some being accepted recently and others being rejected. Just like everything else in this process, we have no idea. I hope you hear back soon! 

OswaldtheRabbit
  • Law School Admit
18 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

I imagine that they were trying to create a pre-offer "finalized" waitlist of people that are still considering the UofC after the deadline (March 31 or April 31) passed to reserve a seat at many other schools. I think that trying to gauge when they are going to make offers to waitlist candidates is really just a guessing game. But I have no hidden insight! This is just what I think.

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

It seems that for the 'received' folks could go either way. Seen some being accepted recently and others being rejected. Just like everything else in this process, we have no idea. I hope you hear back soon! 

True story! Lol. Thank you and you too!

Ronald Reagan
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

How can you see the "complete" status? Do you just mean what's shown in the application portal? I haven't seen a received or complete status, but am currently on the waitlist. 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Ronald Reagan said:

How can you see the "complete" status? Do you just mean what's shown in the application portal? I haven't seen a received or complete status, but am currently on the waitlist. 

You would have had the “received” status before the waitlist. 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Ronald Reagan said:

If your on the waitlist then your fine. All “received” means is on my portal under my status it states that my app has been received. As for complete, I’m referring to when all my documents were received and my application was officially complete. Your waitlisted so none of this matters in your case. Essentially, even though my file was complete 4 months now, I am still sitting on the same status as the I went complete.  

Edited by Lawyerup36

Lawhopeful444
  • Applicant

Hey y’all! Checked the portal and my status is showing cancelled because I got rejected. Good luck everyone!

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
18 minutes ago, Lawhopeful444 said:

Hey y’all! Checked the portal and my status is showing cancelled because I got rejected. Good luck everyone!

Ahh sorry to hear man, hope you get in somewhere! Were you on the waitlist and then got rejected? If so, did you see the email asking about interest to stay on the waitlist last week? 

Lawhopeful444
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, rb_71 said:

Ahh sorry to hear man, hope you get in somewhere! Were you on the waitlist and then got rejected? If so, did you see the email asking about interest to stay on the waitlist last week? 

Thank you! I only applied to UofC so unfortunately don’t have other options. I was on the waitlist and replied to an email my interest to remain on it. Then I got confirmation that I was still on the waitlist. Seems like they revisited the list since then and are rejecting/accepting people.

artvandelay
  • Applicant

Waitlisted: letter dated April 14; status update on Student Centre April 18.

L2: +/-3.85

LSAT: 158 (Nov)

9 years work experience & professional designation/

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Does anyone have any speculation on when or if U of C will accept people off of the waitlist? 

• Like 1

Ital
  • Law School Admit
31 minutes ago, LawyerPeanut said:

Does anyone have any speculation on when or if U of C will accept people off of the waitlist? 

I'd love to know...

Looking back at 2020 acceptance data (2021 was an odd year due to COVID so I'm not using it for predictions), people started to be accepted off the waitlist in mid-April. I'm thinking we'll see some movement by the end of this week, but that's purely a guess.

• Like 1

rb_71
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, LawyerPeanut said:

I hope it’s before May 😭

• Like 1

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I was accepted off the waitlist in February in 2018. I don't think it's one big event, or even a series of waves, with Calgary, more of an ongoing thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
artvandelay
  • Applicant

how many out there are still waiting on the wait list? Seems like there has been very little movement in either direction these past couple months.