Rejected 2022

thecapric0rn
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Crispy Boi said:

Rejected today, letter dated March 11th

cgpa: 2.53
B20: 3.9

Lsat: 165

I provisionally accepted another offer on Friday and withdrew my Ryerson application in the process, just apparently not quick enough to escape the wrath of their rejection wave 😅

Sorry to everyone else who got bad news today, good luck for the rest of the cycle!

Where were you accepted? I have kinda similar stats 

Crispy Boi
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, thecapric0rn said:

Where were you accepted? I have kinda similar stats 

uOttawa! I applied to other places, but only left UofT and Osgoode applications open with my provisional acceptance 

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

Rejected letter dated March 11th

LSAT 149, 151, 150, 161 (Jan 2022)

cGPA 3.3 not sure what my B20 are, but I imagine somewhere around a 3.5/6

While I recognize my stats are hardly competitive, this definitely shook me. I'm a Ryerson grad, and had GLOWING letters of rec from my profs + boss. I also have a pretty niche narrative that ties into my aspirations for law school. I felt like I would be a great fit at Ryerson!

This was my first response so far and I hope it isn't representative of what's to come. I feel like it was just yesterday I was celebrating my 161 LSAT victory lol, I worked so hard for that score so I hope there's one school that will accept me.

Edited by legally_brunette
  • Like 4

Rejected, dated March 11

LSAT - 156 (highest)

CGPA 3.01 (calculated by OLSAS), I don't know last two or best 20, assuming B20 to be around 3.7

Edited by eloise142

scaredanxiousstudent
39 minutes ago, legally_brunette said:

While I recognize my stats are hardly competitive, this definitely shook me. I'm a Ryerson grad, and had GLOWING letters of rec from my profs + boss. I also have a pretty niche narrative that ties into my aspirations for law school. I felt like I would be a great fit at Ryerson!

This was my first response so far and I hope it isn't representative of what's to come. I feel like it was just yesterday I was celebrating my 161 LSAT victory lol, I worked so hard for that score so I hope there's one school that will accept me.

Felt this. 😞 I'm in the same boat as you with my undergrad AND i've been an employee at Ryerson with outstanding letters of references plus all my extra curricular act-ivies also involve Ryerson. But oh well, goodluck on the rest of your schools. I'm also waiting to get at least one acceptance 😕

frenchvanilla

Rejected - March 11th 

LSAT - 158 (highest) 

CGPA - 3.18 (calculated by OLSAS), not sure about B20, assuming to be around 3.5-3.6 

Worked multiple part-time jobs while doing a full course load in uni, have 2.5 years of experience as a real estate law clerk at two large firms in Ontario. This was my first response so far so I'm hoping for better news soon 😞 

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

Rejected - March 11th 

LSAT 157

CPA 2.81 B20 3.8

Interesting to see that others have gotten in with lower stats. Sorry to hear everyone, hope we get better news soon!

lawschoolreject
  • Applicant

Rejected - March 11th 

LSAT 151, 152

cGPA 2.40 B20 probably around 3.5

I know these aren't great stats but that's why I was hoping to be considered holistically at LASL. My other applications are at Osgoode, Queens (access), Western (access), Windsor (access). Hoping I get in somewhere... for now I am working at a firm on University Ave, hopefully the experience will strengthen future applications if necessary. 

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, legally_brunette said:

I'm on the same boat. It's disheartening to be checking for updates constantly and have this be the first response from any school. I fell in love with how applied Ryerson's curriculum is. Best of luck, we will get in somewhere!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, rxoxo said:

Rejected today, letter dated March 11

A little confused since i got into osgoode and western but i wasnt gonna go to ryerson anyway 

cgpa 3.51 

b20 3.8

lsat 167

Seriously? Maybe they assumed you’d decline anyways..,

thecapric0rn
  • Applicant

Rejected, wondering if it has something to do with writing the January LSAT? I saw in previous admission rounds this year that were accepted with similar stats/lower lsat.. but also my cgpa isn’t great lol

cgpa - 3.02 (olsas)

B20- 3.7 

lsat - 167

• Hugs 1

BirdsArentReal
  • Law Student

@thecapric0rn I was rejected around this time last year after taking the Jan LSAT. This year, I had a completed undergraduate and a slightly higher LSAT than and was accepted. 

So many schools send acceptances prior to January so your chances become lower the longer you wait to take the LSAT. Dont sweat it, you're likely to get in somewhere. If not, with your stats, you'll be much more competitive if you apply when next cycle apps open in the summer this year. Feel free to message for more info 🙂

Edited by BirdsArentReal

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant

Rejected - March 11th 

cgpa OLSAS 3.4 last 2 (self calculated) 3.78  /4.33 best 20 (self calculated) 3.86/4.33 if they don’t count transfer credits like OLSAS, but if they do then 3.96/4.33 

lsat -153 

good volunteer experience - president of a club, hospital, care home. Okay work experience - teaching assistant, part time jobs at restaurants. 

I know my stats aren’t high so I can’t say I’m surprised I got rejected but still bummed out because I had a glimmer of hope 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

rxoxo
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Seriously? Maybe they assumed you’d decline anyways..,

i dont think theres a way for other universities to know where else you have been accepted and i havent provisionally accepted osgoode yet either so im genuinely just confused but its okay!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, rxoxo said:

i dont think theres a way for other universities to know where else you have been accepted and i havent provisionally accepted osgoode yet either so im genuinely just confused but its okay!

It’s called Yield Protection. Schools pre-emptively WL/R students who they think will have better offers. I’m not sure if it’s a thing in Canada but US schools do it.

• Like 2

P1toLawSchool
  • Applicant

Rejected March 11

Licensed Paralegal in ON

LSAT 15mid

Mature Student (34 YO, College Diploma and 1 year of Uni only)

10+ years experience and immersion in legal work

Strong references 

Active volunteer in both youth sports and regulatory capacities

This is my second year being rejected from Ryerson. I applied to 7 schools and not expecting to be admitted anywhere but at my age, it's tough to quit your job to go back to school for an undergrad in hopes of appeasing admissions committees. I was really hoping that ONE of these Ontario schools would look at me as holistically as they purport to do, alas, tell your kids to go to school!

• Like 1

littlelawyer5
  • Applicant

Rejected March 11

LSAT 155 (Jan write)

B20 3.96 gpa

Accepted elsewhere so I'm not too stressed about it. 

16 hours ago, P1toLawSchool said:

Rejected March 11

Licensed Paralegal in ON

LSAT 15mid

Strong references 

This is my second year being rejected from Ryerson. I applied to 7 schools and not expecting to be admitted anywhere but at my age, it's tough to quit your job to go back to school for an undergrad in hopes of appeasing admissions committees. I was really hoping that ONE of these Ontario schools would look at me as holistically as they purport to do, alas, tell your kids to go to school!

If you brought that LSAT up you would greatly increase your chances of receiving an offer. 

mjslava
  • Applicant
33 minutes ago, Wylinjabi said:

If you brought that LSAT up you would greatly increase your chances of receiving an offer. 

Disregard my comment. I double checked and saw that some schools will consider some applicants with fewer than 3 years.

Edited by mjslava

AptAlliteration
  • Law Student

Rejected today. 

B20: 4.11 (4.33 scale) 

LSAT: 165 

Decent ECs, Work Experience, Strong Letters of Reference, volunteer experience that centred around community engagement, Ryerson Alumnus. 

Edited by AptAlliteration
Rephrased for accuracy.

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 3/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, P1toLawSchool said:

Rejected March 11

Licensed Paralegal in ON

LSAT 15mid

Strong references 

You can still do an undergrad degree…

• Like 2

Maknotmiller
  • Applicant

I find ryerson is not as open as they say they are and I came across a story of a black student who they gaslit. Didn’t get rejected but was told my file is “incomplete” 

• LOL 1