Rejected 2022

Debtful
  • Applicant
43 minutes ago, Maknotmiller said:

I find ryerson is not as open as they say they are and I came across a story of a black student who they gaslit. Didn’t get rejected but was told my file is “incomplete” 

You're talking about this article? https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/12/07/he-was-the-poster-child-for-torontos-newest-law-school-hes-now-filing-a-750000-human-rights-complaint-against-it.html 

From what i understand he asked for a full ride scholarship but only got 10k which is the second highest scholarship that school gives out.  The school also offered him a room on their campus and a bursary. He took the bursary but not the room. The complaint is that Toronto is expensive and he's struggling to cover rent and tuition. Those problems aren't unique to him or because he's black. Sure there may be exacerbated socio-economic considerations that may have contributed to lack of financial security but c'mon, how many students, regardless of race are struggling financially in Toronto. He reached out to Ryerson for help, the helped him more than they did most students but it wasn't enough for him. And he claims racism and discrimination because now the admin supposedly ignore him….

From anecdotal evidence of his fellow 1L classmates he never went to class and failed out the first year...

On a side note, if your file is listed as incomplete, do they give you the option to file the missing documents? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

Maknotmiller
  • Applicant
22 hours ago, Debtful said:

You're talking about this article? https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/12/07/he-was-the-poster-child-for-torontos-newest-law-school-hes-now-filing-a-750000-human-rights-complaint-against-it.html 

From what i understand he asked for a full ride scholarship but only got 10k which is the second highest scholarship that school gives out.  The school also offered him a room on their campus and a bursary. He took the bursary but not the room. The complaint is that Toronto is expensive and he's struggling to cover rent and tuition. Those problems aren't unique to him or because he's black. Sure there may be exacerbated socio-economic considerations that may have contributed to lack of financial security but c'mon, how many students, regardless of race are struggling financially in Toronto. He reached out to Ryerson for help, the helped him more than they did most students but it wasn't enough for him. And he claims racism and discrimination because now the admin supposedly ignore him….

From anecdotal evidence of his fellow 1L classmates he never went to class and failed out the first year...

On a side note, if your file is listed as incomplete, do they give you the option to file the missing documents? 

No actually they don’t even tell you it’s incomplete until they are done reviewing applications for the year. 

On 3/14/2022 at 5:15 PM, P1toLawSchool said:

Rejected March 11

Licensed Paralegal in ON

LSAT 15mid

Mature Student (34 YO, College Diploma and 1 year of Uni only)

10+ years experience and immersion in legal work

Strong references 

Active volunteer in both youth sports and regulatory capacities

This is my second year being rejected from Ryerson. I applied to 7 schools and not expecting to be admitted anywhere but at my age, it's tough to quit your job to go back to school for an undergrad in hopes of appeasing admissions committees. I was really hoping that ONE of these Ontario schools would look at me as holistically as they purport to do, alas, tell your kids to go to school!

What is your 1 year of Uni GPA?

Edited by qsizzle

missanxiety
  • Applicant

Checked RAMSS today and found the rejection letter, no email as of yet. The letter is dated Mar 11th. CGPA as per OLSAS 3.47, 165 LSAT (Jan 2022)

babylawyer
  • Law School Admit

I withdrew my app at the beginning of March as I accepted another offer but nonetheless just found the rejection letter on my RAMSS from March 11. Honestly kind of confused, I guess my KIRA interview sucked haha.

A- GPA, 169 LSAT

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit

Rejected March 11 

cgpa 2.73 (explained in ps)

b2/l2 : 3.75 

lsat 168 (one attempt)

My KIRA interviews were absolutely dreadful. I was so angry. 

Oliviaccc
  • Applicant

just checked it and was rejected on March 11th.  I was totally bad at the kira interview.... Ryerson is not my first choice anyway lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
Maibkh
  • Applicant

Posting late, Rejected around March 11. 

LSAT - 159,158

OLSAS CGPA: around 3.33

Work with the UN, own two businesses. 

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
Boozey
  • Law Student

Rejected March 11th via RAMSS.