Does Western Wait For Winter Semester Grades?

uoftearsalumna

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Hi, i'd like some insight as to whether Western is the type of school to wait for winter grades, or should I prepare for an R sometime soon. 

Currently i'm at a 3.5cGPA, 3.6 L2, 160 LSAT. I am finishing the winter semester, and graduating soon, so I expect my winter grades to be very high, as have been my grades the last two years. With these new grades, my L2 will be above 3.8. I've spoken with admin, and they've told me i'd be much more competitive with my full transcript, though I'm wondering if anyone could comment as to whether they're the type of school to wait and see? 

Thanks

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

Im going to answer this question for both Western and Queens since you also posted this in the Queen's thread. More likely than not, both schools will wait for your winter grades, especially since those grades will bring you closer to each schools gpa medians (actually surpass Queens since it's strictly B2, whereas Western is cGPA but strongly considers L2 if your cGPA falls below 3.7). With that being said, if you were going to expect an acceptance from either of these schools, I wouldn't expect that acceptance until sometime between mid-late May to as late as August. This is my second cycle applying. Last year/cycle, I was in a similar position as you where both schools were waiting for my final transcripts. After my winter grades came in, my final stats were 3.48 cGPA, 3.88 B2/L2, 161 LSAT. I got into Queens June 14th (I didn't end up going in September for a few reasons) and I got waitlisted at Western. My point is that they will wait, but they will be filling more spots in their class as they wait and you will have to be incredibly patient if your acceptance ends up depending on your winter grades.

Hopefully this helps!

Edited by Chef Justice
  • Like 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback, tying it back to your own experience. I will have similar GPA stats with these winter grades, so hopefully that counts for something for either school. Would be very happy to go to either one!