Still awaiting evaluation????

blackeye
  • Applicant

Does anyone still have "File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" as their status? My status date hasn't changed since 12/10/2021 and I'm concerned... are they even reading my application? If I'm the only one in this situation, should I reach out to them? 

I submitted my winter transcript in early January (I'm from Ontario) and I'm guessing they haven't seen it yet since the application hasn't been updated since December. Let me know your thoughts pleaseee

displaynamerequired
  • Law School Admit

Mine still says the same, and has been that way since December. I also sent them my winter transcript in January and haven't had any updates.  

• Like 1

sweetiepie37974
  • Applicant

Mine has said this since November 29, and I did the November LSAT and graduated in 2018 (from UBC, i.e. no transcripts to send). I think this is just their placeholder until they send out an A/WL/R. My guess is they're super busy and aren't going to bother updating statuses in the meantime. 

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, displaynamerequired said:

Mine still says the same, and has been that way since December. I also sent them my winter transcript in January and haven't had any updates.  

Do they review winter transcripts ? I thought they only reviewed those we sent with our application?

Edited by ellewoodswannabe

displaynamerequired
  • Law School Admit
26 minutes ago, ellewoodswannabe said:

Do they review winter transcripts ? I thought they only reviewed those we sent with our application?

I'm not sure, I don't think it was necessary but I sent it anyways. I didn't think I needed to send one for UVIC and then they emailed me and asked for it, so I figured I would send one to UBC just in case. 

Edited by displaynamerequired
typo

blackeye
  • Applicant
47 minutes ago, sweetiepie37974 said:

Mine has said this since November 29, and I did the November LSAT and graduated in 2018 (from UBC, i.e. no transcripts to send). I think this is just their placeholder until they send out an A/WL/R. My guess is they're super busy and aren't going to bother updating statuses in the meantime. 

Ohhhh. You don’t think there’s an “under evaluation” response? Or acknowledgement that they’ve at least read my application? 

abouttime
  • Law School Admit

I asked about this when I call in January. They said that "Awaiting Evaluation" does not mean your application hasn't been looked at as each component (LSAT, GPA, and PS) is being evaluated separately. 

pastmidnight
  • Law Student

If you submit an application, rest assured that they will review it. I would not focus too much on placeholder application statuses (anything that isn't accepted/rejected/waitlisted) unless your file is missing documents, which yours isn't. 

It seems that you've done everything you can and just need to wait for a decision. If you are really anxious and can't get your mind off of it, you could email or call admissions to make sure they have all of your materials, but while they can reassure you, they can't speed up the process. 

mjslava
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, pastmidnight said:

If you submit an application, rest assured that they will review it. I would not focus too much on placeholder application statuses (anything that isn't accepted/rejected/waitlisted) unless your file is missing documents, which yours isn't. 

It seems that you've done everything you can and just need to wait for a decision. If you are really anxious and can't get your mind off of it, you could email or call admissions to make sure they have all of your materials, but while they can reassure you, they can't speed up the process. 

Everyone has a price…

Legal Disclaimer: This is a joke. 

pastmidnight
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, mjslava said:

Everyone has a price…

Legal Disclaimer: This is a joke. 

I mean, I live in Vancouver and if I were on the admissions team, I'd be very appreciative of a SAD lamp...

blackeye
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, pastmidnight said:

Thank you!! This really helped my anxiety - I won't be contacting them. I just wasn't sure what the status name really meant. I hope you get a SAD lamp very soon! In the meantime, turn your brightness all the way up and search SAD therapy simulation on YouTube.

2 hours ago, abouttime said:

I asked about this when I call in January. They said that "Awaiting Evaluation" does not mean your application hasn't been looked at as each component (LSAT, GPA, and PS) is being evaluated separately. 

Thanks for sharing!! I was really concerned but this information helps.

• 4 weeks later...
karatelaw1
  • Law School Admit

I know this probably doesn’t mean much, but my status recently went from “File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation” to “File Complete - Awaiting Decision”, although the status date didn’t change. Does anyone know what this change means, if it means anything at all? for example, has anyone who’s been accepted noticed a change like this before they were accepted? also has anyone else’s status changed like this recently?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Arc2000
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, karatelaw1 said:

I know this probably doesn’t mean much, but my status recently went from “File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation” to “File Complete - Awaiting Decision”, although the status date didn’t change. Does anyone know what this change means, if it means anything at all? for example, has anyone who’s been accepted noticed a change like this before they were accepted? also has anyone else’s status changed like this recently?

Mine changed today too!

• Like 2

Philosophy
  • Law Student

Mine changed as well but I find it unlikely that it has any relevance with specifically being accepted per se, more like a certain decision (accepted / rejected / waitlist) is coming soon. 

• Like 2

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

Mine changed as well. 

I keep hoping that the school tracking number will also change (not a previous UBC grad). In the old forum, applicants reported that they noticed that a tracking number appeared (student ID #) before they received the call. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

Patient0L
  • Law Student

Mine changed… but it appears as if everyone’s did…

Edited by Patient0L
  • Like 4

Philosophy
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

Mine changed as well. 

I keep hoping that the school tracking number will also change (not a previous UBC grad). In the old forum, applicants reported that they noticed that a tracking number appeared (student ID #) before they received the call. 

Fingers crossed. 

I just noticed I have a tracking number (my UBC undergrad student number) but I'm not sure if it's always been there.

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Philosophy said:

I just noticed I have a tracking number (my UBC undergrad student number) but I'm not sure if it's always been there.

I have a student # because I took a couple of courses at UBC back in the day… it’s been there the whole time 😕 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Philosophy
  • Law Student
Just now, Patient0L said:

I have a student # because I took a couple of courses at UBC back in the day… it’s been there the whole time 😕 

😞 Gettin Blue Ball'd left right and center today

• LOL 3

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, Philosophy said:

2 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

In the old forum, it is those that didn't go to UBC that reported it being populated with a number just before being offered admission. I imagine that they generate the number so when someone pays a deposit, it has an account # to be directed to. 

If you were previously a UBC it would be expected that your student number would be there. 

Edited by GoBigOrGoHome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cjs
  • Law Student

Mine also changed to 'awaiting decision' but no tracking number, or call, unfortunately.  I applied discretionary (obvs also get considered in general though) in case that is helpful for anyone.  Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by cjs
edited for clarity
  • Like 5

Patient0L
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, Probablynot said:

Are you guys discretionary?

yup! I was under the impression that discretionary files weren't evaluated until May... but I don't know what to believe anymore! 🤯

• Like 4