Rejected 2022

tortstortoise

tortstortoise
  • Law Student

I heard some rejections started to roll out, so if anyone feels comfortable sharing their rejection and stats please do so to help out those waiting!

aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student

Just checked my Osgoode account and my rejection was posted on March 18. 

CGPA: 3.54

LSAT: 156

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

scaredanxiousstudent

Rejected March 21, got the email a few hours ago 

cGPA 3.79

B20 3.9 

LSAT 150 (only try)

Lots of extra-curricular throughout undergrad, LORs from employer and prof 

officially rejected from all schools I applied to 😞 

• Sad 6

Squeen
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, scaredanxiousstudent said:

cGPA 3.79

B20 3.9 

LSAT 150 (only try)

Sorry to hear that 😞 Best of luck...

Would you mind sharing when you went into que

scaredanxiousstudent
2 hours ago, Squeen said:

Sorry to hear that 😞 Best of luck...

Would you mind sharing when you went into que

Went into que November 2, 2021

2 hours ago, scaredanxiousstudent said:

cGPA 3.79

B20 3.9 

LSAT 150 (only try)

Hey,

You have an incredible GPA and that is a reflection of your abilities and potential.

Your LSAT is the only thing holding you back. If you can get that up to 155-160+ your chances are dramatically improved. Don't give up! I didn't get into uni until 21 and got into law at 26. It'll be mostly perseverance from this point on.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

Was there a change in the status on the Osgoode Admissions Information Site? Or did you guys only receive an email? 

Busta
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, ng5492022 said:

Was there a change in the status on the Osgoode Admissions Information Site? Or did you guys only receive an email? 

I found out via email but I just checked and there was an update from 3/18/2022 (Friday) saying they weren't going to be offering me a spot. Nothing on OLSAS yet.

• Like 1

aspiringlawyer
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, ng5492022 said:

I got an email this morning and the decision was posted on March 18 on the Osgoode account

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Busta said:

Rejected this morning. CGPA 3.71 LSAT 163.

sorry to hear that 😞 Do you mind sharing what your ECs were like? 

Busta
  • Law Student
19 hours ago, skg00 said:

sorry to hear that 😞 Do you mind sharing what your ECs were like? 

nothing crazy, captain of a few hockey/baseball teams, went to nationals a few times, Kiwanis Citizenship award, Student Council PM, worked a few cool jobs. 

• Sad 1

lawparty
  • Applicant

Got mine on the 21st. 

GPA: 2.8 (yeah it's bad, from 15 years ago, and lots of documenting as to why)
LSAT: 162

Excellent ECs, decades of work, volunteer, entrepreneurial success, board (including chair of multi-million dollar org), media and lobbying experience. 

I knew I was a niche candidate with a stinker GPA. I'll probably write the LSAT again and aim for 170+ (testing 168 now after a long break). Show I've got that dedication or whatever. Luckily I also have all the above-mentioned things ongoing, so I'm not stranded. But I am getting older so it would have been cool to get started a year sooner. Oh well!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lawparty said:

Got mine on the 21st. 

GPA: 2.8 (yeah it's bad, from 15 years ago, and lots of documenting as to why)
LSAT: 162

Excellent ECs, decades of work, volunteer, entrepreneurial success, board (including chair of multi-million dollar org), media and lobbying experience. 

I knew I was a niche candidate with a stinker GPA. I'll probably write the LSAT again and aim for 170+ (testing 168 now after a long break). Show I've got that dedication or whatever. Luckily I also have all the above-mentioned things ongoing, so I'm not stranded. But I am getting older so it would have been cool to get started a year sooner. Oh well!

Did you apply to Ottawa, Western, UNB and TRU?

lawparty
  • Applicant

From that list, Ottawa. I'm learning more about the other three's holistic admissions processes, and I'll look into their programs to see what focuses and profs are like for next year's admissions cycle. 🙂

I did apply to a total of 6, so who knows. But two down so far and not a peep from the others, so I'm focusing on prep for another app cycle rather than falling down the email-refreshing hole again.

Edited by lawparty
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student
36 minutes ago, Rubber.Ducky said:

Rejected March 18. 160 LSAT, 3.4 CGPA. Went into queue November 30

Mind sharing your L2?

Rejected March 18, queued Nov 30.

CGPA: 3.59, L2: 3.73, B2: 3.80, LSAT: 164

I applied as a general applicant under “special circumstances” since I discovered my disability about halfway through university. I also had a few solid ECs and work experiences. Bummer but I’m super thankful to have other offers.

melo1234
  • Applicant

rejected march 23

cgpa: 3.6 lsat: 160, general

great LORs and lots of ECs.

Edited by melo1234

lawapp
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, Futurelawyer123 said:

Rejected 3.8 and 156. Applied General and very good ECs, letters and filled out part B. 

I’m so sorry to hear that. Did you receive an email? 

SatelliteMind
  • Applicant

Went into queue March 11 and rejected March 24. Saw it coming because my stats were not competitive. I've had a LOT on my plate over the last 3 years and my grades/LSAT took a serious hit because of it. Oh well, life goes on. I'm just disappointed that they couldn't be bothered to send an email. They posted it on OASIS and I just happened to check. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1