Really that slow? Possible error? Or overestimating my stats?

JohnnyWalktheLine

JohnnyWalktheLine
  • Paralegal

Greetings, looking for any insight or opinions with my situation. Given my statistics, I thought I would have already been accepted by now. I am wondering is U of S really that slow with admissions? I am starting to think there may be on error w/ my application on their side possibly. Thoughts? Anyone else with similar stats have been accepted or still waiting?

Applied: First week of Nov(w/ Jan LSAT)

Undergraduate CGP(On 4.0 scale) 3.83, L2 - 3.87, B2 - 3.91

LSAT: 161

Graduate degree w/ a 4.0/4.0 CGPA

Strong Sask connection. All other softs only strengthen my application. I have already been accepted at other schools as well.

Thanks for any insight here, this situation has been unexpected and fairly anxiety provoking 

iwannagetaccepted1234
  • Law School Admit

not an expert but they closed the application very late compared to other schools and on this forum not many posting on the sask accepted forum so i think just slower admissions timeline 

Lawhpefl10
  • Law School Admit

U of S has a slower admission process than other schools due to their later application deadline. I also think they may be taking it especially slow this cycle as they had to defer acceptances last cycle due to over enrolment (from inflated LSAT and crazy applicant cycle). Of course that is just me theorizing and not a concrete occurrence. As pointed out above there have not been many people posting in the acceptance forum so it is still early.

That being said, if you have been accepted at other schools you shouldn't have much to worry about (I mean you're into law school for next year no matter what!) and I would be shocked if you are not accepted this cycle based on your stats. However, remember they use undergraduate GPA not graduate and the Sask connection also seems to work more as a tie breaker than an ultimate deciding factor when assessing applicants (based on my understanding). Again, you should have nothing to worry about and will hopefully hear back soon, but remember that comparing yourself stat wise to other admitted applicants is not a useful measuring stick as you don't know the quality of their softs or their life experience (everyone has a relativistic view of themselves and thinks their softs are really good, it is why they are basically impossible to measure as an applicant). 

LegallyTired
  • Law Student

Current 1L at USask. They are much slower issuing acceptances than other schools. Most of our class received our acceptances in May/June

• Like 1