Western didn’t receive and/or misfiled supporting docs

crimlaw1032

crimlaw1032
  • Applicant

Applied end of September thru OLSAS, received an email today that Western hadn’t received any of my verifiers, sketches & personal statement. They asked me to confirm with OLSAS that it was sent…OLSAS confirmed it was sent to Western on Oct 4……so should I just give up hope on getting in? 

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student

It is not over until it's over - If they want to see your softs there may be a reason. If you are willing to share your stats it may be more informative. They maybe considering your application and you are on the fence and now it is time for yours softs to do the work. 

Snax
  • Lawyer

I don’t see how this could be viewed as an absolute negative. As already mentioned, if they were going to reject you based on your stats, they’d have done so. Them asking to see your full application package indicates that they are at least considering offering you a spot. 

Tell them that OLSAS confirmed sending your stuff to them in October and go from there. There isn’t much else to do. 

17 minutes ago, Snax said:

I don’t see how this could be viewed as an absolute negative. As already mentioned, if they were going to reject you based on your stats, they’d have done so. Them asking to see your full application package indicates that they are at least considering offering you a spot. 

Tell them that OLSAS confirmed sending your stuff to them in October and go from there. There isn’t much else to do. 

Agreed.

If OLSAS says they sent it then someone other than you messed up. And you shouldn't be punished for that.

I'd send Western the evidence that OLSAS claimed they sent the files, then have those 2 work it out.

crimlaw1032
  • Applicant

Thank you! My stats are meh tbh Cgpa 3.0 lsat 152. Indigenous, mature, work experience in criminal and family court, strong LOR’s, board president, lots of volunteering in community. 

i spoke with western and they want me to contact OLSAS and have it resent, OLSAS is saying western needs to contact them. Sent a screen shot of my chat with OLSAS to western so hopefully it gets sorted

thanks, I think I just panicked! Western is one of my top choices it was stressful to find out now they don’t have everything. 

• Hugs 1