Chances This Late In The Cycle

RandyBoBandy

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application late October and it went complete (decision pending) sometime in November.

Letter Grade is an A, CGPA 3.25, B2/L2 3.7(low), LSAT 159 (highest). Just wondering why I haven't heard back and if I still have a chance :/.

Appreciate any insight you may have!

Oh and I applied in the General category and I'm from Ontario.

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

• RandyBoBandy changed the title to Chances This Late In The Cycle
Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application late October and it went complete (decision pending) sometime in November.

Letter Grade is an A, CGPA 3.25, B2/L2 3.7(low), LSAT 159 (highest). Just wondering why I haven't heard back and if I still have a chance :/.

Lots of people are still waiting. Including me. Someone did contact them in another thread and the said round two would happen in April along with waitlists and rejections in April/May. It’s likely you’ll be a more holistic approach. They are most likely trying to gauge the amount of seats available at this point before continuing into round 2. Hang tight, hopefully soon! I just tell myself, I’m still in there somewhere. I don’t have a wait list or rejection in any of my apps, so I’m still in there! 

Edited by Lawyerup36
  • Like 2

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Lots of people are still waiting. Including me. Someone did contact them in another thread and the said round two would happen in April along with waitlists and rejections in April/May. It’s likely you’ll be a more holistic approach. They are most likely trying to gauge the amount of seats available at this point before continuing into round 2. Hang tight, hopefully soon! I just tell myself, I’m still in there somewhere. I don’t have a wait list or rejection in any of my apps, so I’m still in there! 

Thank you for your post! I hope we both hear good news then in April! 🙂

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
Just now, RandyBoBandy said:

Thank you for your post! I hope we both hear good news then in April! 🙂

If it makes you feel better, I have no news from all three! However, I do know I am a holistic applicant. Meaning I’ll be one of the last to know! But again, no news is better than a rejection or waitlist at this point! Stay positive! Your stats are pretty decent I’m sure you’ll hear soon. 

• Thanks 1

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

If it makes you feel better, I have no news from all three! However, I do know I am a holistic applicant. Meaning I’ll be one of the last to know! But again, no news is better than a rejection or waitlist at this point! Stay positive! Your stats are pretty decent I’m sure you’ll hear soon. 

Appreciate the kind the words, and I hope you hear back soon as well. Best of luck!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Appreciate the kind the words, and I hope you hear back soon as well. Best of luck!

You too! 

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant

Also waiting to hear back (from three schools)! My stats are TRU A (near 4.0) and 156 LSAT score. 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
47 minutes ago, LegallyBBrunette said:

Also waiting to hear back (from three schools)! My stats are TRU A (near 4.0) and 156 LSAT score. 

Me to! 3 schools and silence! Hahah. But like I said, we are in there somewhere. No news also means no waitlist or rejection! Hang in there people!!! We are coming……

On 3/24/2022 at 9:37 AM, RandyBoBandy said:

Hi Everyone,

What about your references?

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
32 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

What about your references?

One is from my employer which I know is excellent and the other is from a professor of mine which I would say is just good.

• Thanks 1

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
On 3/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Lawyerup36 said:

So I think the holistic application process being it’s own separate review process is specific to UofA. I don’t know where you heard this from, but my understanding of the TRU admissions process is that holistic review happens as part of the review, not after the fact. 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
29 minutes ago, HarryCrane said:

So I think the holistic application process being it’s own separate review process is specific to UofA. I don’t know where you heard this from, but my understanding of the TRU admissions process is that holistic review happens as part of the review, not after the fact. 

In theory holistic admissions should take place throughout the cycle, but if you look through the threads from previous years you can see the trend of more holistic apps at the very end of the cycle with multiple universities. All universities group you with applicants of similar profiles, so it makes perfectly logical sense to do your more holistic apps later(remember those viewed holistically are usually those who have lower stats) if you look at the threads this is very apparent. (This is my analytic guess of admissions, they also consider yield protection, and meeting institutional goals of diversity as well) simply put, it’s not as simple as stats and the process is unknown for a reason! Hope that helps

36 minutes ago, HarryCrane said:

Also, I was trying to emphasize not giving up, as anything can happen and to just hang on!