Still waiting

Ave

Ave
  • Law School Admit

Wanted to get a gauge on who is still under review. The wait can be agonizing! 

LSAT 162, GPA 3.98 (with drops, self calculated), applied November with fall grades received late January (general category) 

Thanks to anyone willing to share! 

• Like 1

mjslava
  • Applicant

Still under review but I applied pretty much in the final day and I wrote the January LSAT so they’ve only had my full application since February 8th.

3.5 gpa and 169 LSAT (913 Index)

I’m expecting to hear back probably in May I’m guessing? At least after the March 31st/April 1st deadline for earlier acceptances.

• Like 3

I'm still under review as well. 3.8 GPA with drops (self-calculated) and 167 LSAT. I applied on the final day which was not optimal in hindsight. 

• Like 2

diggity
  • Applicant

Applied under discretionary category, CGPA ~3.3, LSAT 166

The wait is absolutely agonizing, however I haven't received a rejection letter so I am clinging to that silver lining! 

• Like 1

westcoastie
  • Applicant

Applied regular, LSAT 161, CGPA 4.01 (silly to cling to .01 but whatever, with drops, self-calculated), applied very end of October and sent in fall grades end of January.

• Like 1

fingerscrossed
  • Law School Admit

Applied regular in late October, grades sent in January. 

LSAT: 163 

GPA: 4.02 (self-calculated with drops) 

Self calculated index: 922.5 

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Allthebest
  • Law Student

For those of you who are still waiting... what does your application status say? the wait is agonizing 

mjslava
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, Allthebest said:

For those of you who are still waiting... what does your application status say? the wait is agonizing 

“Having fun yet?”

• Like 1

westcoastie
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Allthebest said:

application under review 🥸

• Like 1

Possum
  • Law School Admit

I'm still waiting too.  Index around 900.
The longer I wait the more I'm thinking I'd be better off rewriting the LSAT and hope to get an earlier offer and ideally some scholarship action next year...  In my mind I'm starting to move past the idea of attending this year.  I know it's still early, hope is not lost, but I've got businesses to run and need to start making more concrete plans to make this work 😕
My application as been "under review" since October.

mjslava
  • Applicant

Well at least we’re past April 1st and haven’t been rejected. Wonder if UVIC is still dishing out offers primarily on Thursday and Friday like before.

• Like 1

bagelfan
  • Law School Admit

A lot of offers had to be accepted by March 31, so I would expect a few more spots to open as those offers are rescinded.

Good luck!

mjslava
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, bagelfan said:

A lot of offers had to be accepted by March 31, so I would expect a few more spots to open as those offers are rescinded.

Good luck!

Also keep in mind that the Facebook group only has 72 members in it. Compare that to the groups for other years which had around 250-300+ members, seems like there may be quite a few spots still being offered (not 180 or anything but maybe at least 30). Who knows though. Who knows…

nervous seinfeld GIF by Johanna Kenney

westcoastie
  • Applicant

Honestly I hope we all get in just so I can meet the faces behind these usernames - commiserating with y'all has been a positive 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

Lalalalalalla

Has anyone’s status changed to decision pending? I just checked mine and it went from under review to decision pending. 

Ave
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Lalalalalalla said:

Has anyone’s status changed to decision pending? I just checked mine and it went from under review to decision pending. 

Just checked and mine has not changed, still showing “application under review” 

Good luck, I hope that means you will hear back soon 🙂 

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, mjslava said:

And I thought it was hard waiting for the LSAT scores to be released..

Childs play 

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student

FYI. Some emails have gone out regarding students holding on to positions at multiple law schools and that this is holding up the admissions process.

As exasperating as this is, this might be good news to folks still waiting.

Edited by Patient0L

Allthebest
  • Law Student

Does anybody have any insight on chances this late in the cycle? preparing for the worst 

mjslava
  • Applicant
14 minutes ago, Allthebest said:

Does anybody have any insight on chances this late in the cycle? preparing for the worst 

Well, I did call the admissions office recently and asked if they were still offering spots and the person I spoke to chuckled and said “Oh yes, there are spots open”. So who knows, but I’d be expecting a W or R at this stage. 

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, mjslava said:

Well, I did call the admissions office recently and asked if they were still offering spots and the person I spoke to chuckled and said “Oh yes, there are spots open”. So who knows, but I’d be expecting a W or R at this stage. 

"I have your life in my hands, Mwahah"