Applied access. I’m not shocked western is an LSAT school after all

allrise1
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

I don’t see a page for the rejections so I’ll start this off I guess 

LSAT: 152 

CGPA: 3.85

Every law school in Canada except McGill is an LSAT school ……

Edited by allrise1
  • Like 1

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

No lol. By LSAT school I mean they prefer higher lsat and won’t accept you with a low 150. Western prefers people with 160+ And even 165 and over. Same goes for queens and uoft. 

I got accepted into Windsor law last year with a 152 same for lakehead and this year Ottawa, so I have a low LSAT but they accepted me because they are holistic and not just focused on the LSAT like western and queens 

• LOL 1

melo1234
  • Applicant
20 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

i think they mean western prioritizes high LSAT scores a bit more than some other schools

• Like 1

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
Just now, melo1234 said:

i think they mean western prioritizes high LSAT scores a bit more than some other schools

Thank you, yes that’s exactly what I meant that’s why I said I was not shocked because of my rejection. Thank you for clarifying for me 🙂

Maxpowers007
  • Applicant

Rejected March 25.

LSAT - 163, Jan 21
cGPA - mid 2.0 range
Applied Access - mature student, got a 3-year degree almost 10-years ago now, came back September 2021 to upgrade to an honours spec. 89.9 average in the fall term. But, the past was too much to overcome. Over 12 years full-timework experience by this point, paralegal license, around 4 years of volunteer work for a charity. Ehhh.

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Rejected March 25. Applied discretionary/mature. Lots of years of work experience but a 156 LSAT and an L2/B2 of 3.5.

transit
  • Law School Admit

rejected march 29. applied access with documentation, 3.55ish gpa 170 lsat. kind of surprised

• Sad 4
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, transit said:

rejected march 29. applied access with documentation, 3.55ish gpa 170 lsat. kind of surprised

You must said "Osgoode is my top choice" in  your PS.

• LOL 1

transit
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

You must said "Osgoode is my top choice" in  your PS.

i straight up double checked after you posted this because i did kind of think western and queens would be fair game for me but i havent heard back from queens yet and am starting to wonder 

allrise1
  • Law School Admit
13 hours ago, transit said:

On 3/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, shawarmalaw said:

I don’t see a page for the rejections so I’ll start this off I guess 

LSAT: 152 

CGPA: 3.85

Guess it wasn’t an LSAT school after all 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, allrise1 said:

Guess it wasn’t an LSAT school after all 🤷‍♀️

It still is because they won’t accept anyone with lower than 160 they can accept people with high 150’s if their GPA is competitive it will balance out. 
I don’t know why the 170 person got rejected but GPA of 3.5 is decent, but competitive GPA is above a 3.7. 
Also personal statement matters too, western is very particular about the English in the statement. I don’t know why u r trying to make my statement of western being an lsat school invalid, I just said that bc I know for sure they won’t accept someone with 152 😂😂😂

allrise1
  • Law School Admit
26 minutes ago, shawarmalaw said:

It still is because they won’t accept anyone with lower than 160 they can accept people with high 150’s if their GPA is competitive it will balance out. 
I don’t know why the 170 person got rejected but GPA of 3.5 is decent, but competitive GPA is above a 3.7. 
Also personal statement matters too, western is very particular about the English in the statement. I don’t know why u r trying to make my statement of western being an lsat school invalid, I just said that bc I know for sure they won’t accept someone with 152 😂😂😂

Girl I wasn’t trying to make it invalid I was making a joke. I think they do genuinely care about both though I applied this year and haven’t heard anything yet but the guy on the phone when I called last year said they hardly ever admit GPAs under 3.65 not too much knowledge on the LSAT score but assuming there’s a status quo 

Edited by allrise1
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

18 hours ago, transit said:

i straight up double checked after you posted this because i did kind of think western and queens would be fair game for me but i havent heard back from queens yet and am starting to wonder 

It is really strange that you got rejected with CGPA 3.55 / L2 GPA 3.75 and LSAT 170.

You should ask them. Maybe they miscalculate your cGPA/L2.

https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/class_profiles.html

Academics

Mean/median cumulative average:   3.6

Mean/median "Last 2" average:   3.7

Mean/median highest LSAT Score:   163

Edited by NowOrNever

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Since this is getting a lot of attention I'll mention that I was waitlisted at Western a few years back with a 3.7 L2 and 173 LSAT. I did have a shit cGPA but it was not as bad as some UWO admits on this forum and the last who had worse L2s and LSATs than me (and UWO pretends to be an L2 school anyways).

I don't think there was any miscalculation here at all and I wouldn't get that guy's hopes up. The rejection aligns with my experience and at this point I've seen many similar accounts of UWO admissions making seemingly (at least on their face and compared to other schools based on stats) bizarre and arbitrary decisions about who to admit. I'm not sure I'd attribute this to "holistic" practices either, as my softs and personal statement didn't seem to be an issue at any other school.

Unless you have strong ties to London and need to be there, this is just something laugh off, as with a 3.55 cGPA, 3.75 L2 and 170 LSAT you can get into way better schools than this anyways. Fuck 'em!

• Like 7

shawarmalaw
  • Law Student
51 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

Girl I wasn’t trying to make it invalid I was making a joke. I think they do genuinely care about both though I applied this year and haven’t heard anything yet but the guy on the phone when I called last year said they hardly ever admit GPAs under 3.65 not too much knowledge on the LSAT score but assuming there’s a status quo 

Did you hear back from this cycle? They don’t accept lower than 3.65 that’s so competitive. But honestly I think I also got rejected bc I didn’t maintain the 5 courses per term due to personal issues I did 4 courses per term (that’s confused full time for my undergrad school) with full time summer school 

allrise1
  • Law School Admit

No I actually heard that last cycle when I called the admissions office! When I asked he said the 5 courses per term didn’t matter and they count to last 20 classes/60 credits because I upgraded so mine didn’t even fall in a term! I haven’t heard anything for my app this cycle but I have higher stats this term so I don’t overly want to go to western / didn’t check up with admissons. I don’t think how you took your courses per term will negatively impact you!! That’s what I was told last year 

14 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

Since this is getting a lot of attention I'll mention that I was waitlisted at Western a few years back with a 3.7 L2 and 173 LSAT. I did have a shit cGPA but it was not as bad as some UWO admits on this forum and the last who had worse L2s and LSATs than me (and UWO pretends to be an L2 school anyways).

I don't think there was any miscalculation here at all and I wouldn't get that guy's hopes up. The rejection aligns with my experience and at this point I've seen many similar accounts of UWO admissions making seemingly (at least on their face and compared to other schools based on stats) bizarre and arbitrary decisions about who to admit. I'm not sure I'd attribute this to "holistic" practices either, as my softs and personal statement didn't seem to be an issue at any other school.

Unless you have strong ties to London and need to be there, this is just something laugh off, as with a 3.55 cGPA, 3.75 L2 and 170 LSAT you can get into way better schools than this anyways. Fuck 'em!

That’s actually wild 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
2 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

That’s actually wild 

I even had medical documentation to corroborate an explanation for my low cGPA, just like that other user who stated they applied access with documentation. Maybe they just hate people who have had health issues, I dunno.

Totally over this BTW and happy to be a UBC grad at this point; I just wanted to chime in since people were surprised by @transit's rejection. Based on my personal experience and observations on the forums and its predecessor over the past 5 years, I consider Western to be the most unpredictable law school in Canada for admissions that doesn't openly advertise as "holistic" and keep criteria and admit stats on the down low.

• Like 2

allrise1
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

I even had medical documentation to corroborate an explanation for my low cGPA, just like that other user who stated they applied access with documentation. Maybe they just hate people who have had health issues, I dunno.

Totally over this BTW and happy to be a UBC grad at this point; I just wanted to chime in since people were surprised by @transit's rejection. Based on my personal experience and observations on the forums and its predecessor over the past 5 years, I consider Western to be the most unpredictable law school in Canada for admissions that doesn't openly advertise as "holistic" and keep criteria and admit stats on the down low.

It happens. I got rejected from UofC with a 4.0/162 and it was extremely painful a lot of schools that say they are “holistic” maybe use it to their advantage in ways a lot of us don’t understand.

You also got into a way better school you should be proud of yourself those stats are unreal.

Edited by allrise1
  • Thanks 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
36 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

That’s actually wild 

This also happened to one of my friends. They got into Oz, UBC and U of T but was rejected by UOttawa and waitlisted at Western back in 2019. It seems that except for the index schools one cannot be 100% certain about their admissibility simply based on stats.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Notworthy
  • Law School Admit

Rejected just now L2 4.0 LSAT 160 my cGPA is a little low cGPA 3.13 may be why but I’m not too upset about this one. Best of luck everyone else! 

Edited by Notworthy

Renard
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, Notworthy said:

Rejected just now L2 4.0 LSAT 160 my cGPA is a little low cGPA 3.33 may be why but I’m not too upset about this one. Best of luck everyone else! 

Did you get in anywhere else?