Application Complete Email

allrise1

allrise1
  • Law School Admit

Hello! I got an email today saying my application is complete however I’ve had everything handed in since January. Did anyone else get this email? Or is it just me / or do they send it to everyone when they start reviewing your file? 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

They sent me the same email in late Jan (all materials were sent in Nov). I was accepted a week later. 

• Like 1

allrise1
  • Law School Admit

Thanks friend! Was super nervous / confused about it 

Do you think my chances are okay? 4.2/4.3 and 162

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
31 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

Thanks friend! Was super nervous / confused about it 

Do you think my chances are okay? 4.2/4.3 and 162

I think you'll be in. When did you take your LSAT?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

Jan 2022

That makes sense. Dal seems a bit slower this cycle in handling their apps but I guess you'll hear back very soon.

allrise1
  • Law School Admit

Did your email also end it ….blah blah decisions made could take all the way till June?

WannabGmac
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, allrise1 said:

Did your email also end it ….blah blah decisions made could take all the way till June?

Hey so not the person you were asking, but I received the application completion notification email in January and I was accepted Feb 24 so about a month and a bit later. My completion email mentioned that decisions could take all the way till June this year, but I'm not sure how it works as Dal has 2 deadlines vs Ontario schools that have 1. I applied for the November 30th deadline for context. I hope this helps and I'm happy to clarify anything else!

• Like 1

wtfamidoing
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, allrise1 said:

I got the same email. Did not receive it last year when I was rejected, so hoping it means something good!

• Like 1

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, wtfamidoing said:

I got the same email. Did not receive it last year when I was rejected, so hoping it means something good!

I got one all the way back in December or January and haven't heard anything since. Hope you're right haha best of luck.

• Like 1

PinkSuitAndTie
  • Law Student

I was rejected last year and did not receive this email. I just received this year's a few days ago as well, so hopefully this is good!

• Like 1

hopefullawstudent
  • Applicant

So it seems we all have got a bunch of emails stating the review process is complete. I got one today! Super nervous! I have a 3.83/4.3 and a 162! Hopefully good things come!

• Like 1

SK1373
  • Applicant

I'm surprised that some of you just got this email when you applied so early in the cycle...I submitted my application on February 22nd (it was a very last minute decision) and I also just got the email 2 days ago. I applied with a 3.93/4.00 L20 and 159 but have zero hope of admission just because of how late I applied.

allrise1
  • Law School Admit

I wouldn’t count yourself out. Lots of applicants wrote the January test and additionally some got pushed later into January or took the test on the 22nd and their results came later in February.

lawschoolapplicant77
  • Applicant

I just want to hop over here and say there's definitely still hope. I got in end of January and had until March 31st to accept my offer. I did accept, and then literally the next day got an offer from my top choice and withdrew my seat and when I spoke to the admissions office on the phone today about withdrawing they said many students do it over the admissions cycle into the summer. Hope that offers some insight into how sporadic these admissions can be and its certainly far from over!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, Lalalalalalla said:

So, is this a generic email that they send to everyone when your file is complete? 

Yes