What is a good newsletter to subscribe to as a civil litigator?

hiccups

I am subscribed to LexisNexis Civil Practice Newsletter. What are some other helpful newsletter that civil litigators prefer? Also is anyone subscribed to The Lawyer's Daily? Is it worth the cost?

Rusty Iron Ring
  • Lawyer

I have always loved the Supreme Advocacy newsletter, but now that I think of it I don't think that I've received one in a while.  Is that still circulating?

• Like 1

beyondsection17
  • Lawyer

If you're interested in insurance law I'd recommend getting on Sven Mascarenhas' email listserv, SM Caselaw News. 

• Like 1

MagnaCarter
  • Lawyer
On 4/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, Rusty Iron Ring said:

I have always loved the Supreme Advocacy newsletter, but now that I think of it I don't think that I've received one in a while.  Is that still circulating?

It's still kicking around, but definitely less frequently. Still a great resource.

Getting LinkedIn and following some firms, associations, or mediators is a good way to get free commentary on case law and other litigation issues like practice direction updates. 

I've done trial memberships for the Lawyers Daily and I did not find it useful. You can get the same information on firm blogs for free, and I found some articles were more veiled advertisements for firms or lawyers, although not as bad as Canadian Lawyer Magazine or Precedent. You can get a 7-day trial membership and check it out.

• Like 1