Transfer students to Robson Hall

applicant88

applicant88
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone,

I am wondering about the process to transferring to second year at Robson Hall. I have read the bulletin about the lsat score and grades, I think LOR too from first year of law.....Does anyone know how often this happens or anyone else that has transferred?  I anticipate I will get offers at other universities in the country, but not optimistic about Robson Hall. Robson Hall is definitely my first choice, but I'm not sure if I can get the stats needed.

Thanks everyone.

I have only heard people who transferred out of Robson Hall.

Transferring to second year at Robson Hall may occur but not many I guess.

This is a transfer out school, unless you are a Winnipeger who wants to return home.  I know one person who did that. 

applicant88
  • Law School Admit

I am from Winnipeg and wish to reside in Winnipeg. Robson Hall would be my first choice, but I am a mature student and want to get my JD done as soon as I can, which is why I would consider doing my first year someplace else if possible...the possibility of transferring to Robson Hall sounds kind of unpredictable. The bulletin states it is holistic and still require your GPA/LSAT scores, in addition to first year law courses. 

Since it's a transfer-out school, there will be many spots for transferring in.   And holistic works in your favor.  With a compelling reason like returning to Winnipeg, you'd have a chance with a decent GPA/LSAT even if you got average grades in 1st year law. 

I knew two or three people who transferred in. Don't know what their experience was like, but if I were you I would be optimistic. There's always a couple people who drop out or transfer out during/after first year, so spaces open up in 2L.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
HelpfulStudent
  • Law Student

Current Robson Student here! I would say every year there is minimum 1 person that transfers in from UND, if not multiple, as Winnipegers in the exact same situation as you described. I don't know much about the process myself, but rest assured this is a common occurrence. 

• 1 year later...
Marie144
  • Applicant
On 4/3/2022 at 10:36 PM, applicant88 said:

Hi everyone,

I am wondering about the process to transferring to second year at Robson Hall. I have read the bulletin about the lsat score and grades, I think LOR too from first year of law.....Does anyone know how often this happens or anyone else that has transferred?  I anticipate I will get offers at other universities in the country, but not optimistic about Robson Hall. Robson Hall is definitely my first choice, but I'm not sure if I can get the stats needed.

Thanks everyone.

Hey! Did you end up doing the transfer process to Winnipeg? 

• 3 months later...
Glaucon
  • Law School Admit
On 4/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, nana said:

I knew two or three people who transferred in. Don't know what their experience was like, but if I were you I would be optimistic. There's always a couple people who drop out or transfer out during/after first year, so spaces open up in 2L.

Could you please ask when those people submitted their transfer apps, and when they heard back

This would be a huge help.