Anyone still under evaluation?

ng5492022

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

Starting to lose hope and I know that no news is not necessarily bad news...but realistically should I be prepared for a good chance of rejection? 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Ottawa is one of those 'rolling admissions' schools, and they will be giving out acceptances until June. If this might help, I've been accepted by Oz and Queen's yet am still waiting to hear back from Ottawa.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 4

WannabGmac
  • Law School Admit

I've heard that Ottawa is also notoriously slow when it comes to file eval and that they can take longer than most other schools... it's kinda funny tho because I figured Ottawa would be the first school I heard back from but I guess they chose the difficult life 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student

I was thinking the same thing. It was one of the schools I was expecting to hear back from the soonest, but I’m still in the painful “Under Evaluation” stage. Hoping for good news soon for us all

• Sad 1

lawapplic2022
  • Applicant

Same here... brutal wait 😕 is anyone waiting for the French JD by any chance or are you all English?

cmoney
  • Law School Admit

still waiting - do know someone who got in a few years back who heard end of april/may? so gives me hope LOL

diddio93
  • Applicant

I called the admissions office this week because my file hasn't been updated since November 11 2021. They told me that I haven't been reviewed yet but all my documents are in place and they will be sending out admission until August (lol what a joke). This was my number one school originally but with this being the only place I haven't been accepted to its making me not want to attend lol (I have been accepted to three other law schools that are generally considered more prestigious than Ottawa).

• LOL 1

tibs
  • Applicant

also still waiting

35 minutes ago, diddio93 said:

I called the admissions office this week because my file hasn't been updated since November 11 2021. They told me that I haven't been reviewed yet but all my documents are in place and they will be sending out admission until August (lol what a joke). This was my number one school originally but with this being the only place I haven't been accepted to its making me not want to attend lol (I have been accepted to three other law schools that are generally considered more prestigious than Ottawa).

same here!!!

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
20 hours ago, lawapplic2022 said:

Same here... brutal wait 😕 is anyone waiting for the French JD by any chance or are you all English?

English here 

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

Do you guys think this has anything to do with our final marks for this semester? (for those still in undergrad) 

diddio93
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, ng5492022 said:

Do you guys think this has anything to do with our final marks for this semester? (for those still in undergrad) 

No not at all uOttawa just has the worst admission process of all time and I think its been made slower by everyone wfh. 

• Like 1

having1Lofatime
  • Law Student
Just now, Sam2190 said:

Does anyone know if they were this slow last year as well? Or is it just this cycle

I was under evaluation until end of May in last year's cycle

Sam2190
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, cmoney said:

I was under evaluation until June and then i was rejected last year  🙂 

Should I take it to believe that if im still under evaluation its probably going to end in a rejection or waitlist?

cmoney
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Sam2190 said:

Should I take it to believe that if im still under evaluation its probably going to end in a rejection or waitlist?

Its so tough to say because my friend was under evaluation till late april/ may and then was accepted LOL 

• Like 1

ellewoodsinottawa
  • Applicant

I'm waiting on French, and still 'under evaluation', and feeling the anxiety burn but there's nothing else to do but wait. 

• Like 1

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, cmoney said:

Its so tough to say because my friend was under evaluation till late april/ may and then was accepted LOL 

Did they consider grade from her final semester? 

Sam2190
  • Applicant
36 minutes ago, BadGamer6 said:

Ottawa is really slow. I was 'under evaluation' until late July last year... 

Were you accepted at that point? It makes me anxious that all the other schools are moving at a quicker pace than Ottawa. Makes it tough to figure out when you should start working on plan B

• Like 3