Anyone still under evaluation?

ng5492022

toomuchL
  • Applicant

I just want to point out that uOttawa website says to check uozone “frequently”… Still under evaluation 

LawyerHopeful

Me Too 😞
Anyone know which pool of applicants they draw from - Under Eval or Waitlist? Just beginning to lose hope if my status has not changed

• Like 1

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

Still under eval...heard back from every other school so I am not hopeful 

TheGoodWife
  • Law School Admit

I'm hoping this offers perspective but I appreciate that it could be upsetting;

I logged into uOzone today to look at my class schedule and of all of the small 1L groups, the system shows only one seat available. 

I cannot speak to whether or not they hold some of those seats for remaining offers. It's probably likely that students have enrolled while still holding out hope for movement on other waitlists. My guess is that's where most of the movement will come from now. 

Fingers crossed you all hear back soon. 

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

I have a hunch that the uncertainty surrounding the economy might be causing less people to withdraw and defer their acceptances. It seems like there's been little waitlist movement, especially for the Ontario schools. The Osgoode wait list was pretty much a death sentence this cycle, and that trickles down to impact schools like Ottawa as well. 

intothevoid
  • Applicant

What happens to the application fee if they never review our applications before class seats are filled? Seems a bit unfair to pay for applying when you aren't even considered before all of the spots fill up. Has this happened in the past?

• Like 3

frenchie
  • Law Student

I really don't want to be bad vibes but uOttawa is notorious for having absolutely crappy admin (former undergrad student). I applied last year and many candidates were still "under evaluation" well into the end of August all the way to the second week of September. They seriously need to get their shit together.

Sam2190
  • Applicant

My friend emailed them asking about her status and they told her up until the last week of August people will still be under evaluation. But literally a day later they rejected her so I feel like they have all their decisions already made they just aren’t communicating with us

• 4 weeks later...
Asdf2757
  • Law School Admit

I was still under eval until a couple days ago when I was rejected. I thought that was very unprofessional. Also pretty surprised that a 3.4x gpa and a 168 wasnt good enough, a 158 to a 168 is like the grand canyon of difference.

LawGirl2022
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, Asdf2757 said:

I was still under eval until a couple days ago when I was rejected. I thought that was very unprofessional. Also pretty surprised that a 3.4x gpa and a 168 wasnt good enough, a 158 to a 168 is like the grand canyon of difference.

So sorry to hear that.  Was this the last school or do you have any other offers?  Dont give up either way!

lawnorth
  • Applicant

I assume that under evaluation is different from unnumbered waitlist. I'm still on the unnumbered waitlist as of today. Anyone else?