Dalhousie vs. Ryerson

GTITM

GTITM
  • Law Student

Hey everyone, 

Apologies for any mistakes. I am new to this forum but I will try to post as much info possible. 

I was accepted into many programs but I am torn between Ryerson and Dalhousie. I am unsure how to make my decision. Both schools have unique qualities that I applied to them for. 

I am interested in health law, but I have my MPH already and I took public health law through that. So I am unsure how extensive a health law curriculum I will ultimately need. Ryerson has some courses but obviously, Dal is more extensive. 

Location wise I could fuck with either especially as the cost of living rent wise is pretty even rn. However, I do work in health law firms which seem to be in Ontario or Alberta. 

I have friends and family in both areas so the community is not really a contender, neither are costs rn since Ryerson has distributed their scholarships yet so I dont want to judge on that unless there is a major shift. 

I guess what I am asking is- to the beest of your knowledge how much weight should I give to deciding factors and is there anything I have not considered?

Please feel free to be honest, and give your reasoning!

Best

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit

This question doesn’t really ask anything - are you looking for an opinion? You basically said the financial investment, location are both okay with you so did you want to compare quality of education? If you want to work in Ontario you should have no trouble with either university since Dal Law students often work in Toronto. 

The weight you’ve already given seems equally distributed with the way you’ve phrased your question without one having an upside over the other. 

Dal has been around longer has a solid reputation - Ryerson is brand new but it is also on Bay Street and in Ontario if you want to practice there might give you an advantage for interviews.