CEGEP Rejected 2022

aaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa
  • Applicant

I'd strongly suggest that future applicants keep me in mind, because I just got rejected from McGill (CEGEP applicant) for 2022:

• R score of about 36.1 (above 75th percentile of interviewed applicants for past few years)
  • Worked full time during CEGEP (30-40 hrs/week), all while pursuing CEGEP studies full time
  • Very recent ECs - nothing pre-2021
  • Rejected after interview

My tip for future CEGEP applicants: don't throw all your eggs in one basket, and don't bank all of your hopes on McGill Law! That'll end up being a very bad idea. On the flip side, the french civil law schools in Quebec all admit based on R score only, so if your R score is above the minimum interviewed for McGill you should be able to get in one of those universities.

Edited by aaaaaaaaa
  • Hugs 1

GreyDude
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, aaaaaaaaa said:

My tip for future CEGEP applicants: don't throw all your eggs in one basket, and don't bank all of your hopes on McGill Law!

I'm sorry you were rejected! This sounds like very good advice for all applicants, not just those from Cégep.

CPA
  • Applicant

Hello, 

I might ask if you don't mind:
questions in french?
cegep anglophone?
do you have an aggressive / winning profile?

What do you think was the negative factor? life experience?

I'm sorry! Good luck!

Yes, you're right, you don't have to bet everything on one horse!

aaaaaaaaa
  • Applicant
On 4/25/2022 at 2:33 PM, CPA said:

Hello, 

I might ask if you don't mind:
questions in french?
cegep anglophone?
do you have an aggressive / winning profile?

What do you think was the negative factor? life experience?

I'm sorry! Good luck!

Yes, you're right, you don't have to bet everything on one horse!

Interview was about 50% French! And yep, I have a primarily anglo background including an anglo CÉGEP, although my work experience is more or less bilingual.

My biggest negative factor had to be a combination of the following:

• being excessively young (I'm often the youngest of my classes, in CÉGEP!)
  • CV is overall too recent: I have no in-college ECs from pre-2022 and no community/out-of-school involvement or extracurriculars pre-2021, which tanked a lot an otherwise very high lvl of community commitment 2021 and onwards. So yep, life experience.

Not sure what you mean about "aggressive/winning profile". Mind explaining?

And yeah -- even if you have a gpa of 4.0, an R-score of 37 and an LSAT of 179, don't apply to only one school! I applied for two (McGill and UdeM) and I got accepted to the latter; even then, two schools is playing it risky.

Edited by aaaaaaaaa

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Ryn unpinned this topic