City of Toronto solicitor salaries

Modikray

Modikray
  • Lawyer

Ran a search but couldn't find anything on this. Does anyone know how the "solicitor 1" and "solicitor 2" salaries at the City of Toronto are structured? I'm assuming it would be akin to "legal counsel" vs "senior legal counsel"? Are the salary bands tied to year of call?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

You could always find a name on LinkedIn and check on the sunshine list. I imagine practically all their lawyers make over $100k. 

Modikray
  • Lawyer

Thanks, I have an idea from the sunshine list what the salary ranges are, but I was curious about salary/career progression - e.g. is it linked to year of call, for example? I appreciate the salary increase year to year is likely relative minimal, but was wondering if there's a bump up to another pay band based on something else.